Chapter 4: Jungle of Darkness

now the three were back Traverse town but even after having a good meal they did not leave the ship quite just yet.

"what's the holdup fellas?"

"Yeah, you defeated the dark conduit, liberated the world, and locked it form the darkness! that's three whole worlds saved! it's the time to celebrate!"

"that's the thing, we didn't defeat the dark conduit he defeated us, yet Sora was still able to lock the world from darkness?"

"Gosh, this sure is confusing, no way that keyblade wielder of darkness helped us. they're bad by nature!"

"Hm, well we're not gonna find answers here!" Sora then got up from his seat and exited the gummi ship.

"Sora? what are you doing, we need to figure out what happened so that we don't mess up again!"

"Yeah, but we don't have enough information, when I want to know more about something I always just asked the adults of the island. so that's what I'm gonna do now."

"You think Leon has answers?"

"if he doesn't then his master Merlin might." Donald and Goofy then got wide eyed and looked at each other in shock as Sora left the ship unaware of their shock.

"Merlin! A-hyuk! as in THE Merlin!"

"Only one way to find out!" Donald and Goofy then ran out of the ship and after Sora, into Traverse town. The three of them passed through the gates and entered the town square where Yuffie was there. she waved at them and smiled while walking over to them slowly but then she stopped and looked at them in shock. Yuffie's eyes then started tearing up and she started crying as she was now running toward the three of them. Yuffie then ran past them and hugged Cloud. Donald and Goofy backed off in shock while Sora looked surprised but also quite relived.

"I knew it! you really are a good guy despite being a keyblade wielder of darkness!"

"keyblade wielder of darkness? Sora what are you talking about, this is Cloud! he was a hero back in our world."

"Mercenary, Yuffie, anyways where is everyone?"

"hey! don't you think you need to explain yourself!"

"follow us and I'll explain everything." Donald was still furious but he huffed in annoyance and nodded. Sora, Donald, and Goofy all followed Yuffie and Cloud to Sid's shop where Aerith and Leon were as well. Sid, Aerith, and Leon all looked shocked at the sight of Cloud, Aerith quickly teared up and ran over to hug him while Sid walked over and started ruffling his hair and laughed out of joy but still shed a tear or two. Leon on the other hand just huffed and smiled at how happy they all looked and gave Sora a high five when he ran up to him.

"a-hyuk?! wait a minute how do you know this guy isn't he a keyblade wielder of darkness?"

"Yeah, this guy tried to kill us!"

"I wasn't trying to kill you I was just holding up my end of the bargain. I was enslaved by Hades when I ended up in a different world. he said if I served him, he would eventually return me to my friends. unfortunately, one of the deals he asked me was to defeat you guys, but he never said I had to kill or curse you into heartless so technically all I had to do was knock you out and I got my freedom." Yuffie then slapped Cloud on the back of the head.

"idiot! why would you work with the Dark Army?! Those guys are world destroyers!"

"take it easy Yuffie, remember we didn't even know the Dark Army existed before those bastards had Sephiroth destroy our world." Yuffie simple huffed and pouted to which Sid just sighed.