Chapter 5: A lamp of Light and a lamp of Darkness

in the deepest hall of Hollow Bastion Maleficent was furious, she was shooting green fireballs everywhere forcing Oogie, Hook, Jafar, and Ursula to dodge them as fast as they could. all while Hades was just standing there acting as if the fireballs hitting him were more of an annoyance than danger. finally, Maleficent stopped but she was still seething and growling in pure anger.

"ARGH! HOW MANY DOES THAT MAKE? FIVE?! THAT PEST MANAGED TO DESTROY FIVE OF OUR KEYBLADES OF DARKNESS?! NOT TO MENTION OUR WORLDS! OUR POWERSOURCES! FOUR WHOLE WORLDS! GONE! HE'S JUST A NOVICE! A WEAKLING! A LITERAL CHILD! HOW DOES HE KEEP STOPPING US!"

"he's still several steps behind." the green flames on Maleficent's back subsided as she looked at Jafar in skepticism.

"Are you referring to the princesses of Heart?"

"of course, Male- ahem, Master Maleficent. So long as we have them, our plan to obtain Kingdom Hearts and the power of infinity will be secure."

"Uh, yeah, except that it won't work out if we keep losing dark conduits." Jafar glared at Hades for annoyance but didn't dare to insult him for he knew Hades could easily destroy him.

"In that case rather than entrusting another grunt to do the job why don't we let someone a little more, capable handle the task."

"Are you suggesting that one of us take that down the champion of light?"

"Ha! let me do it, his heart will make good food for Flotsam and Jetsam!"

"Hey, I want the twerp! his heart may be what I need to power my latest creation!"

"he's determined spirit will make him great practice before I unleash my power to crush Peter Pan!"

"I was actually referring to myself." all five of them now looked at Jafar; Ursula, Hook, and Oogie grunted and sighed knowing they lost their chance, Hades scoffed thinking Jafar was in over his head, while Maleficent seemed very displeased.

"Absolutely not! may I remind you, we have yet to secure the princess of your world! if that boy goes to your world, he could find out our true plan and ruin everything!"

"Then it's a good thing that's my job." all of them were surprised to see Riku enter the room with Doxcrum following behind him.

"Let Jafar distract Sora while I get princess Jasmin."

"uh, Riku dear child, what about Belle and-"

"I can get her afterwards! besides her and the ones Ansem is getting, Jasmin is the only princess we need left, right?" Maleficent was still against this as she didn't want Sora and Riku to interact anymore; but she knew Riku, as the champion of darkness, was their key to victory so she let him be.

"ok, ok, but even if we let Jafar do his thing while the brat gets the girl. what guarantee do we even have that Jafar here can even stop the brat of light. because uh, every time he defeats one of our goons and locks a world, he uh... what's the word it's on the tip of my tongue I swear I know it... oh yeah, HE GET'S STRONGER!" Hades once again unleashed his crimson flames of anger but this time Ursula, Oogie, Hook, Maleficent, and Jafar managed to cast dark forcefields on themselves to prevent themselves from getting burnt. Doxcrum did the same for himself and for Riku who actually seemed a little scared of the flames going everywhere.

"ok and that's not all but uh Jafar is well... I'm, well sorry but I'm trying to think of a way to stay this without being offensive... he's weak, a con artist, a bit of a wimp, kind of an egomaniac, and a little... entirely full of himself despite having even less magic than Hooky over there." Captain Hook grunted in anger while Jafar just sneered at Hades in annoyance.