Chapter 1: The Last Keyblade of Light

Sora suddenly woke up and found himself in a strange town. There wasn't actually anything weird about the town per say except for the fact that he wasn't supposed to be here. His memory was fuzzy because of it all happening so suddenly. What he could remember his home destiny Islands getting swallowed up by some weird dark cloud and his friends Riku and Kairi were-

"Wait! Riku! Kairi! where are you?!" Sora remembered his friends getting taken away by some strange people in black hoods. Perhaps they did the same to him hence why he's in a place he doesn't recognize. If he was correct, maybe Kairi and Riku were somewhere close. Fueled by a mixture of hope and desperation Sora ran across town hoping to find the black hooded people or at least someone that could help him. Sora ran and ran through the town passing houses, bridges, and gates. Eventually Sora stopped to catch his breath, Sora looked around and noticed something abnormal.

"Wait, where is everyone?" Sora looked all around town calling out to whoever would answer back but no one did. No noise, no people, no animals, not even bugs the entire town was deserted. Sora was so confused; his home was attacked by a dark cloud. His friends were kidnapped by people in black hoods. Now he was in a fancy town populated by ghosts; nothing was making any sense.

Just when Sora thought nothing else could surprise him; suddenly, someone had suddenly rammed into him by accident. Sora fell to the ground and felt something stab into him in the back. He got off of whatever was hurting him onto to see an overgrown golden key. What? What is this weird key? and why did I- WAIT! MORE IMPORTANTLY! A PERSON!

"Hey, excuse me! Do you know where I-?!"

"What are you doing kid?! Run!"

"There's nowhere left to run." the man Sora wanted to question turned pale out of overwhelming fear. Sora turned to the source of the second voice and was shocked at the sight. It was one of the black hoods that took Riku and Kairi, or at least someone dressed like them; not that it mattered. Sora knew that this guy had answers to what was going on. Sora got up and wanted to question the man, but the hooded man zoomed past him with incredible speed. The other man quickly got up and tried running away, however the hooded man proved to be faster and slashed the man.

The hooded man did not use a sword but instead a large black key with red detail lines and a handle detailed in yellow and blue. The innocent man then seemingly glitched out of existence leaving just his heart. His heart was a large red crystal shaped like a heart. The heart was quickly swallowed up by darkness and turned into a little shadow monster wearing a ridiculous looking helmet and had red claws.

"You see that boy? Your next, and your precious guardians can't save you now." Sora was horrified by what he saw, a man was turned into a shadow looking monster thing right in front of him. Sora then looked again at the weapon the hooded man used and sure enough it was a giant key, extremely similar to the one he fell on. Sora then quickly turned back, grabbed the giant golden key, and faced the man while holding the key like a blade.

"Stop! Don't you dare try anything!"

"What? You have a Keyblade of Light?! grrr! why didn't the Heartless do anything?!"

"Huh?" Sora then heard strange swishing noises behind him. Out of fear. he slowly and cautiously turned around to see a growing army of tiny Heartless monsters forming. These creatures had what looked like loopy elongated ears, or maybe they were strange, crooked horns. These Heartless looked weaker than the one that was once an innocent man but that didn't deny that there were hundreds of them.

"You don't want to go back to the darkness in-between worlds, right?! then get this brat and bring me his heart as well as his keyblade! I will go and secure the rest of this area from those pesky guardians!" The hooded man then walked away while more Shadow Heartless formed from seemingly nowhere. The Shadow heartless both surrounded and slowly crept closer to Sora. Sora should have been scared but instead he was frustrated. The only one who could know where his friends were was getting away.