Chapter 9: A Hook of Darkness and A Fairy of Light

Sora, Donald, and Goofy were riding on the light tunnel back to Traverse Town. Sora was happy not only with helping Ariel get her happy ending but also running into Triton before leaving and getting more Ansem reports he collected. Sora was especially excited when Triton told him to give Merlin, Yen-sid, and Fairy Godmother his regards. he still had no idea who Yen-sid was, but it was always amazing to meet another old Keyblade Wielder of Light. Though Sora and King Triton didn't always see eye to eye, Sora was at least glad they left on good terms. Sora still felt bad for not staying for the wedding, but he knew Ariel didn't need him anymore. Instead, he decided to focus on the fact that Ariel finally got to live the life she wanted and through King Triton's magic she could visit Atlantica any time she wanted. 

Finally, Sora, Donald, and Goofy made it back to Traverse Town and once again, not getting ambushed by a Heartless ship again. The three of them sighed in relief considering that a win, leaving both Chip and Dale confused. After the Gummi ship landed Sora, Donald, and Goofy stepped out to see Merlin, Fairy Godmother, Cloud, Leon, Aerith, Yuffie, and Sid all in the town square waiting for them. Aerith and Yuffie then got out confetti poppers and set them off to make confetti fly everywhere. 

"Congratulations!" Soon they all started cheering and clapping in praise of Sora, Donald, and Goofy, leaving the three of them in confusion. 

"Uh for what?"

"Yeah, we didn't stop the Dark Army yet, we took down another Lord sure, but they still have their home base, and we don't know where it is."

"Of course, but Fairy Godmother did some sneaking around and info gathering, and it turns out there's only one left!" Sora, Donald, and Goofy were shocked by what Yuffie just said, if she and Fairy Godmother was correct, they that meant they were only one step away from facing off against the Maleficent and the Dark Army once and for all. Sora was overjoyed to hear this, he quickly jumped up and raised his keyblade high in the air while yelling in triumph. This is what Sora was fighting for, to finally put an end to all the pain and suffering that the Dark Army caused and now he was so close. However, Merlin quickly raised his hand to stop Sora from doing anything else.

"However, first thing is first, Sora? I believe you have something important?" Sora quickly understood what Merlin meant and gave him the Ansem reports King Triton gave him. Merlin took the papers and smiled in glee.

"Excellent my boy, truly excellent I believe with these and the ones I currently have we are just a few pages short of completing Ansem's entire report! Soon everything that clever devil learned will be clear as day and we'll be able to use the knowledge to save the multiverse." Merlin then patted Sora on the shoulder and Sora smiled in pride.

"Hm, come by my study, I managed to fully decipher more pages and I have something that will truly help you on your next mission, my boy." Sora's eyes sparkled in excitement, and he looked back to Donald and Goofy, both of them smiling and waving at him to confirm it was ok with them for Sora to follow Merlin. Sora then ran off after Merlin and Fairy Godmother.

***

Sora made it to Merlin's mansion, Merlin and Fairy Godmother were already there. Both of them were smiling while Merlin was holding a white crystal that's shaped like a heart. 

"Now then please come over and have a seat here Sora, we have a wonderful surprise for you!" Sora was confused by what Merlin said but smiled none-the-less and did as Merlin asked. 

"Now, have you made new friends with the inhabitants of the various world's you encounter?" Sora nodded in excitement.

"Haha! spending my boy! Then this will be the perfect gift for you!" Merlin then tossed the white crystal heart in the middle between himself and Fairy Godmother. To Sora's amazement the white crystal heart stopped midair and instead floated in the space between them. Merlin and Fairy Godmother then started chanting, making magical symbols form all around them. The magical symbols slowly took shape and as they did, they floated toward the crystal heart to float around it. Eventually there were enough symbols to make a strange looking sphere around the white crystal heart. After that, Fairy Godmother and Merlin made one last chant and all the symbols flowed into the crystal heart, filling it will magical power. The white crystal heart then flowed toward Sora and phased right into his chest.