Chapter 2: Madness and Darkness

Sora couldn't believe it; he was in an actual spaceship! Or a Gummi ship as Donald and Goofy called it. The outside looked very colorful but looked like a bunch of Legos put together. The inside however, was futuristic looking with three seats and an advanced looking keyboard console system in front of the seats. Sora's eyes sparkled at the amazing display of magical technology the ship had.

"Wow! This is awesome! So, this is how we're going to get to different worlds?"

"That's right!" Sora heard a strange high pitch voice behind him and turned around to the front console and saw two chipmunks.

"Wow, uh hi?"

"Why hello! I'm Chip! and this is Dale!"

"And we're your engineers for the last but most reliable Gummi ship in the Multiverse!"

"Cool! So, you guys can... wait, last Gummi ship?"

"Oh, well maybe not THE last but... it might as well be."

"You see, since the Dark Army can use the Void; they don't need Gummi ships, so they decided to destroy all Gummi ships to stop the Guardians of Light."

"Our ancestors used to help the royal family repair and even build Gummi ships like this one and ones that were even bigger! They helped unite worlds across the multiverse without causing chaos, they helped Keyblade Wielders of Light protect worlds at a moment's notice!"

"But when the Dark Army rose to power they destroyed as many Gummi ships as they could... all our ancestors work... gone in such little time." Chip and Dale both looked sad. Sora felt sad as well; like his own home, their entire family tradition was undone. However, instead of moping Sora just huffed in determination, as it was just another reason to stop the Dark Army.

"Well, I feel safe on this ship because I have two of the best Gummi ship engineers in the Multiverse! And when I find Maleficent and the other Keyblade wielders of Darkness I'll show them what happens when they mess with your Gummi ships."

"Aww, thanks Sora!"

"Oh boy, look at us feeling down when we're supposed to be helping your pilot the ship."

"Right! Sora, grab that controller." Sora looked to the front console of the ship and saw what looked like a basic joystick video game controller. Sora then grabbed it and was confused by its simplicity compared to the rest of the Gummi ship.

"Um, ok? now what?"

"Now just keep watch and if you see any Heartless press the button to fire cannons and use the stick to move from side to side."

"Uh... ok but why would I want to move side to side? also what do you mean if I see Heartless? we're going to be in space, why would the Heartless be out here?"

"Well, we're in space right now, but pretty soon we'll be traveling right through the darkness in-between worlds. It's normally easy to go through but now that the Dark Army is in power, they remade the Heartless born there into Heartless ships. These Heartless ships try to destroy any Gummi ship they find, it's part of the reason there are so few Gummi ships left."

"Which is why we'll be the ones coordinating the Ships' destination, it's your job to defend the ship from the Heartless trying to destroy us before we get there... so you know no pressure. haha?"

"Huh... just a video game! Riku and I always heard about video games from the adults, but they never bought us one. It was part of the reason we wanted to leave, so that we can play them! Once I rescue him and Kairi I gotta show them this ship! They're going to love it!" Chip and Dale looked at one another and then laughed as they quickly got back to work.