Chapter 5.

*Paige's POV*

Both me and Skyler sat upstairs in my room and played the game 'Cards against humanity'. I'm not going to lie, I have had this game for, what, 2 years and I haven't played it up until now.

I put down another black card whilst giggling. "What should you never yell during sex"? We both quickly went through our white cards and then we chose one. "You go first" I said to Skyler. "No, you go first" I huffed and crossed my arms. "Fine fine! I'll go first" he surrendered. "My inner demons" he said and put his white card onto the bed in front of him. I raised my eyebrow. "Your turn" he said and I giggled looking down at my card. "You should never yell during sex, Dead babies".

Skyler went wide eyed making me drop all my cards and so did he. "Yes Paige, for the love of God, don't ever yell that during sex" I put my hands over my mouth and fell back onto the bed laughing my absolute head off. He followed the same actions except for falling back.

"Wow, you definitely win that one" I pulled the 'Yes' fist and he handed over the white card that had his answer on. "That's why I chose that answer" I smirked and he crossed his arms. "You wait until I get you back. You are winning so many rounds, this isn't fair! I call for a restart" he went to grab my cards and I pushed his hand away. "No! Now you aren't being fair. Come on, we can play again after this game" he nodded and I smiled.

It's really strange how just a few hours ago, we were barely talking and now we're like the best of friends. I've always been lonely and I'm dead grateful that Skyler is giving me a chance to show out a new me. He doesn't know about my past and I refuse to tell him about it.

We went through our cards again and I heard the front door slamming shut downstairs. "PAIGE"?! I looked over to Skyler and he shivered making me almost tear up. Mum is so scary when she is drunk. "GET DOWN HERE NOW"! She screamed making me jump.

"I'll just go..." He trailed off and grabbing his things. I lightly grabbed his arm. "No, Sky please stay" he looked down to his watch and shook his head. "I'm sorry Paige, but it's time for me to be getting home anyway. I'll see you on Monday" he patted me shoulder and went out of the window. Thank God this house is small otherwise Skyler would have to confront the scary one downstairs.

I walked out of my room and mum stood at the bottom of the stairs, red as ever and her fists balled up. "Where on earth were you misses"? She snarled looking me up and down. "Well I was at the mall and then I came home" she gave me the 'Are you lying?' Look. I hate lying to my mum. I really do but I can't tell him that a guy was just upstairs in my room. She will go absolutely ballistic if she ever found out about that.

"I'm not lying. I promise. I was just really tired and I had a headache so I just wanted to come home" she sighed and crossed her arms. I'm so thankful she isn't that drunk. Maybe a few glasses of drink that she could surely handle to the point where she could definitely walk a fine straight line.

"Paige, please tell me and Roger next time. We were both worried sick about you. This is a sketchy area and you know that. Besides that, a serious crime had been committed down an alleyway late last night and because you were here all on your own, I don't know what I would do if I ever lost you". I nodded my head. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again" "Damn right it won't". She turned on her heel and walked away into the kitchen.

What I don't get is that one minute she hates me and thinks that I'm going to split her and her new boyfriend up and then the next minute she is almost sobbing about me being at home all on my own. Come on, I can look after myself and I have for almost my whole life up until now if she hasn't even noticed.

I sighed and walked back upstairs into my room in need of wanting to put my face flat down into a pillow and scream out all of the confusion, hatred and sadness out of my body.

I laid down softly onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling like I do every night wondering if my life will get better from now on. I hate feeling the ache and heaviness in my heart from this depression. It sucks so bad and I've never been the lucky person which sucks even more.

But one lucky time in my life this past week was meeting Skyler.

A/N:

It is almost time...

~Angel🎀