Chapter 13

*Paige's POV*

I woke up and felt the need to do my business, already. I attempted to climb out of bed but a pair of arms wouldn't let go from around my body. I giggled and lightly gripped his arms trying to get him off of me but he only held tighter, pulling me into him and sniffing my neck. I guess it's a comforting thing.

"Sky I need to do my business" he shook his head and didn't let go. "This isn't fair; I wouldn't do this to you", "shh. Sleep time. What business have you got to do, anyway? You don't have a job?" He asked. He's so cute. "No... But I need to do business.. I need to do a pee pee".

He slowly let go and grabbed my pillow instead and pulled it into his chest. I giggled and walked to the bathroom. I locked the door and firstly stared into the mirror. My hair wasn't so messy, so that's a fantastic sigh. I forgot my toothbrush at home- damn.

A knock on the door jolted me out of my thoughts. "Baby, you can use mine". I stared at his toothbrush and gagged. "Sky that's gross. Why would you want to taste my saliva later on?" I heard his stifle a laugh. "I wouldn't offer you to use my toothbrush if I cared that much about your saliva". I sighed relieved. I don't know why he's always so kind to me... Yes, we're boyfriend and girlfriend but it gets too much sometimes. He's too kind to me and I don't know what to give back to him. I don't feel like I'm enough for him. He deserves so much better.

After I done my business, I walked out and was met with a hard chest. I pushed back to see Skyler leaning against the doorframe...shirtless. I bit my lip and hid it from him. "May I come in now, ma'am" I nodded unsure of what to say. "Yes sir, you may". He passed through and I walked out and downstairs to make us breakfast. Roxie sat on a chair and the header on the chair read "Q U E E N".

I smiled, I cannot lie. She is a queen. "Morning Rox", "morning Paige. How are you this morning?". I shrugged my shoulders and put bread in the toaster, getting out 2 plates. "Why aren't you so sure?" I shrugged again. "I don't know how I'm feeling. I'm just so confused I guess". She cocked her head to the side. "Well... How are places that are invisible to the public, but to my eye, see-able? How is that possible?" Her cheek twitched. "I don't understand what you mean. If something is invisible to one, then it is for another. If something is visible to one, then it is visible for another".

I leaned against the side and rubbed my temples. "Skyler showed me that place yesterday night. It was a little too deep into the forest and it had a crazy tree type of entrance and it had a safe haven in it. He said that no one else can see it but me, him, and you. Do you understand me now?" She sighed. "Damn, I told him not to do that. SKYLER?" She yelled.

Skyler came rushing down with a towel around his waist. "IS EVERYTHING OKAY?" She nodded. "Did you make Paige hallucinate? Don't lie to me" he folded his arms and looked shamefully at the floor. "No but Rox you don't understand. It felt like I was really there! Like really really there!" "Lovely lady, I do understand. He's done it before. With me he has. He made me hallucinate that I was in heaven with mountains full of bones. I woke up and I was so mad".

He laughed, came up to me and help my hands. "I know you're confused. But I need to explain to you why I done what I did", I nodded and he breathed.

"With what I done to Roxie, it was because she loves bones and it makes her happy. The dream was to signify that she is safe and under my protection. I gave you that dream because you love to imagine. You love making a fairy-like-tale into your own world. So that's what I did. It was to signify your happiness and protection that I will give you".

I smiled and nodded. "I understand now. Sky, you didn't have to do that for me. I'm always happy and I always feel safe when I'm with you" he smiled and pecked my cheek. I turned around and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I put two pieces of toast onto one piece of plate and another two on the other

I put two pieces of toast onto one piece of plate and another two on the other. "What toppings would you like?" He nipped my neck making me squirm. "You", I laughed and heard Roxie gag, leaving the room "horny kid".

"I can't help it, Rox. She's beautiful" he yelled back to her. I blushed and I leaned my head onto his shoulder. "Seriously. What toppings?" He sighed and kicked his foot trying to think other than 'me'. "Uhh, Nutella? Strawberry's?" Before I could lean up to the cupboard, he had already grabbed the Nutella from the top shelf and he got out strawberry's from the fridge. "Yum" he licked his lips.

"Listen, you sit down and I'll do this all for you. My treat" I shook my head. "No, let's do it together".

-----

After we had finished our breakfast, my phone rang from beside me and I picked it up. Mum. "Oh no", Skyler stared concerned at me. He snatched my phone out of my hand and growled at the screen. He put the phone to his ear. "Yes?"

As the conversation grew, he got more aggressive and I hadn't really seen him like this before. It scared me slightly and I shouldn't really like it, but I do in such a magnificent way.

After a little while, he hung up and slipped the phone into his pocket. I didn't start a conversation about what was said and why he put my phone into his pocket. Maybe because he wants it in there? I won't question it. I dismissed myself by coughing and putting our plated into the sink. The silence was like a death- dark and eternal. Or maybe something and eternal? I'd never know until it happens.

"I suppose I better get going soon", I changed the subject and began my way back upstairs. "No" I felt him grab my arm quickly and pulled me back. "I don't want you to go home" I turned around and hugged him. "I don't want to go either, sky. But I need to go home", "you have nothing to go back to except the same thing Paige. See, your stupid mum keeps ruining you over and ever again! You're not going to go back to someone loving, caring and wonderful. She's only going to hurt you over again until you're nothing", I dropped my head and sighed.

Ouch. That hurt... But the truth does hurt and this is my truth. This is my reality. He pecked the top of my head and picked my chin up so I was staring at him. "Now, you aren't going home Paige. Are you?" My heart skipped a beat for a second. I shook my head. "No". He smiled and took me into the living room. He put on DISNEY and we watched Toy Story at first. I couldn't stop thinking about why he doesn't want me to go home so badly.

Does mum despise me so much that sky doesn't want me to get hurt again? Is he just too protective over me? Or is he just in love? From what I'm catching on... He's obsessed. But he's in love.