Chapter 3.

*Paige's POV*

I was walking through the university corridors when I heard a scream of fear and a call for help. I started running from where the voice was coming from but I couldn't seem to find where the calls was coming from. I started to panic and I felt my heart start to race.

What if I never got to the person in time to help them?

The halls were getting longer as a ran. Almost like a maze where the corridors got longer, longer and longer. Like a nightmare to be exact. "HELP"! "HELP ME PLEASE! SOMEBODY"! I kept running down the longer corridor and my breathing became vivid and I started to pant constantly.

As I finally turned a corner, what I saw in front of my eyes was blood. Everywhere. All up the walls, across the floor and on the hands of someone familiar. I covered my mouth as tears started to pour down my cheeks from shock. Complete shock.

"One mistake, and you die" he growled.

I gasped and sat up in my bed. I rubbed my eyes and sighed. "PAIGE! GET UP NOW"! Mum yelled from outside of my door. I groaned, got up out of bed and did my morning routine. I then walked downstairs and picked up a piece of toast mum had me. "We are going out with my new boyfriend today" she squealed. I groaned and threw my head back. "Your new boyfriend"? Her smile dropped and she nodded. "Well yeah, I broke up with my other boyfriend 2 weeks ago and now I have a new one. Isn't it exciting? He is treating me to the mall"!

I crossed my arms and leaned against the side. "So why am I going with you if he is meant to be treating you? Not me, just you" I smirked wanting to be let off. I couldn't be bothered to go out today. "Well, he does have a load of money so you can get a few things. Can't you"? My smirk dropped.

'He does have a load of money'.

"Please don't tell me you are back on to using guys for money again" she nodded and jumped excitedly. "It's am addiction darling! I can't help it" I shook my head and sighed. "Using guys for money isn't an addiction. It is just plain selfish" I snapped and walked away. "HE WILL BE HERE IN 20 MINUTES SO MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY"! She yelled with a lot of excitement in her voice.

I went and sat on the couch and turned the tv on to the news like I did almost every morning when I'm annoyed at obviously, my mother. She can disgust me sometimes. Really, she can.

'Murder', 'Blood', 'Horror' and 'Dead' were the four words that had been caught in my mind as the news went on. Something about a murder in an alleyway late at night.

"PAIGE"! My mum shoved me hard making me jump. "Yes"? I snapped. "Roger is here! Come on, let's go"! She squealed and ran out of the room in her very ugly outfit that she had on. I turned the tv off and walked to the door, putting my shoes on and walking out. A guy, who I am assuming is Roger, held the door open for mum and she got in rather rudely. He closed the door and turned to look at me. He smiled and walked towards me. "Hi, I am Roger. You must be Paige" he held out his hand for me to shake and I happily shook it. "Yes, I am Paige. It is very nice to meet you" he smiled. "Your mother has told me a lot about you. It is a very great pleasure to meet you" I smiled.

He held the back seat door open for me to get in. I slowly got in and smiled. "Thank you" he smiled back at me and closed the door. Mum turned around and she looked a little angry if you ask me. "If you ruin this for me then I swear to god I will kick you out of my house do you understand me"? I felt taken back but nodded anyway. "Good" she spat and turned back around.