Chapter 6.

*Skyler's POV*

I was currently walking home from my new friends' house, Paige. It is dark and normally gangs would be hanging around ever corner. But tonight, it feels very different. I turned a corner to be met with another long road that I have to go down to reach home.

Mine and Paige's homes aren't too far apart thankfully otherwise I'll be absolutely buggered. I don't live with my parents or my sisters either. There was this situation which became to serious and it all just went madly out of control. But it doesn't matter anymore. Things happen and things end.

I have to go back to USC tomorrow which sucks. But I kind of enjoy it because I can study directing and stuff that surround directing.

I finally return home and take off my hoodie. My dog Roxie came out of the kitchen and poked her tongue out at me making me shake my head and giggle. "Alright missus, what did you do"? she started wagging her tail and barked at me. I kneeled down and softly stroked her soft coat. I've had Roxie ever since I was a little boy. She found me and we've been like this ever since. She does look after me good which I am thankful for and I'm returning the favour.

"Come on then Rox fox" I picked her up into my arms and carried her into my bedroom where she sleeps at the end of my bed every single night. I placed her onto my bed and she instantly curled up into a ball and closed her eyes. I laid down beside her and stared out of the large window that has a beach in view. I stared out at the angry looking waves crashing and bashing at the shore. The dark sea and it's sweet looking view when it is daylight. It's all just a lie. It's evil really.

I shook my head and turned to face the wall. 'What is bothering you big guy?' Roxie asked. We can speak through our minds seeing as she can't actually talk around people but we communicate using our thoughts. She is use to communicating like this anyway unless she is mad. Like how vampires and psychics can read your mind. Although, I can actually speak to Roxie through my mouth and she can still understand me, even when we aren't speaking out loud. "Nothing Rox".

I felt the bed shift slightly and then Roxie was laying on top of my hip. 'Come on, don't lie. We've been through so much together! I know when you are lying' I nodded and shrugged. "There's this girl" 'Oh another girl? Don't tell me... She has a boyfriend and you want her' I shook my head. "No, that isn't the case" she wagged her tail and poked her tongue out. 'Carry on'.

I stared dreamily thinking about Paige. The beauty that sat on every curve on her body made me blush. "She's... Different. She isn't like any other girl I have ever known". Before Roxy could say anything else, I took over. "I know what you are about to say. I know I say that about every single girl I know but here is the thing... I didn't feel a special and magical connection between me and the others. With Paige, I feel that connection. I think she's my mate Rox".

I sat up and ran my hand through my hair. "But I don't know how to tell her that I love her. What if she doesn't love me back"? 'Here is the thing Skyler. It doesn't matter if she doesn't love you back because either way, you need to have her. And when any boy tries to talk to her then you become possessive but I know that you will try to let it slip. Let's just say this, no one else is going to have her but you because she is yours".

I felt anger and protectiveness scorch through my veins as I imagined the thought of Paige with someone else. "Mine" I growled. 'That's my boy' Roxie giggled and laid back down on the end of the bed again.

I got under my duvet and closed my eyes, still thinking about a plan on how to tell Paige.

-Morning- *Paige's POV*