Chapter 8.

SOTC: Best Mistake by Ariana Grande ft Big Sean.

*Skyler's POV*

I held her waist as she stops still; Frozen. Her eyes went wide and she tried to push out a word from her mouth but nothing came out. I'm not proud of what I am. I never asked to be like this. I want to be normal. I want to be a human being. But I can't and I never will be. I stop growing at the age of 21 but my mate doesn't unless if I change her. But I don't want to do that to her. She is too delicate and I can't let anything happen to her. When she dies, then I will die. I won't be able to live without her.

Either way, life will be hell without her. But also, dying will be hell also. I'm not going to heaven. Hell will be my new home. But if I want to live for eternity, then I will have to change Paige.

Tears filled my eyes as I stared down at her 4'9 body. My 6'2 body towering over hers. "Please say something" I whispered out. She stared down and picked at her nails. I choked back a sob as the rain got heavier and heavier; beating against my spine. "I don't know what to say" she mumbled out. But my hearing picked up what she had said. I pressed against her more and held her tighter not wanting to let her go, ever.

"I understand" Of course I did. How can she say something? She couldn't even if she wanted to. There is no explanation for my existence. 'Aliens are fiction' NO! We aren't just fiction! We exist! And we are all around you. You just can't see us because you are blinded by false answers.

She looked up at me for once in what seemed like forever. "No. I mean, I don't understand. How are you an alien? They aren't real" I felt a ping of pain stab into my heart and I held my chest as the pain grew stronger. "I'm not real"? My innocent mode turned on immediately which made me vulnerable in a single second. "Yes you are real but aliens aren't real".

I backed up away from her, into the road and stood there in the pouring rain as I looked at her. "We are real. We exist. If good exist, then so does evil" I growled angrily. My emotions are mixed at the minute. Sadness and cold anger. "I don't believe" I put my hands to the side of my head and held tightly as the piercing screams ran through my head. "YOU NEED TO BELIEVE PAIGE"! It seemed as if I had taken her back as she yelped and held her coat tighter around her tiny body.

"Okay" she whispered. I opened my eyes and took my hands away from my head. I could hear her shivering in my head. Us Angels can pick up noise that we think will affect us or our loved ones or when we feel under threat. It's useful.

I walked towards her and held her again. She wrapped her arms around my body and my warm body warmed up her cold skin. "Come on. I'll take you back to your dorm" she nodded and I picked her up and placed her into my car. She leaned her head against the window as I got in. I didn't do anything. I just stared at her and thought to myself... 'How could I ever be so lucky that she is mine?'.

Suddenly, a lightning bolt struck miles away and the noise sounded awful. I winced as Paige jumped in shock. "It's okay" I ran my finger tips up her leg and she closed her eyes and breathed. And then her breathing became peaceful all at once. She had fallen asleep. I smiled and started up the car and turned the radio onto low so it wouldn't wake her up. I quickly done up her seatbelt and then done up mine.

All the way back to the University, I could see and hear what she was dreaming about. It was about me and her. About us having little us running around a big garden out the back of our big house. I could see her smiling. But then something changed. Something awful and sinister came into the dream that my heart raced and I could feel my eyes turning pure black from.

I felt under threat immediately. And I felt what is mine become under threat and I could see in the dream that I grew overprotective. "Well well well. Look who we have here" the wicked man threw a evil smile towards us. "Roger" I growled. "Skyler" he laughed and scratched the back of his neck.

I shook my head and one word that I hate the most made itself known in my mind. Murder. My skin radiated anger and heat off of my body and I parked the car into my parking space outside the university. I breathed in and out and I knew what would be coming in the near future. I was born ready. And I will win whatever is coming whether I die trying or I survive.

I carry Paige back to her dorm and laid her down on her bed and under her soft fuzzy blanket. I giggled softly at how she doesn't bring I thick quilt with her. But then again, she is a small creature so she is able to form a burrito with blankets without even trying. I sat beside her and ran my fingers through her soft brown hair. She squirmed in her sleep and I stopped.

Her hand lifted up from it's position and found my hand on the bed. She then put it back onto her head and I smiled and stifled and laugh. My beautiful mate. My innocent baby girl. I started to massage her scalp and she moaned softly in response which made my eyes turn grey from possessiveness.

I then took off my jumper which is now dry and took off her soaking clothes. She shivered as the cool air hit her but I lifted her up carefully so I didn't wake her and slid my large jumper around her body. I placed her back down and put the blanket back around her.

I pecked her lips and she licked her lips after I had kissed her and then I leaned down to her ear and said "Goodnight my precious" and before you could blink an eye, I was gone and out of the block she was in.

I walked back to my dorm and sat on my bed. I stared up at the ceiling and all I could think about was Paige. I saw her, I wanted her, I got her, I love her and I will never let her go.

Not even death can do us part.

A/N:

OMSG GUYS THEY ARE PURE RELATIONSHIP GOALS OKAY?! I find it so attractive when men are possessive... Like, I'm not even kidding! Not too possessive but, do you know what I mean because I know wha I mean!

Shall I change Paige to 'Madison'? I dunno... You decide!

I have things coming in this book! And I hope you guys enjoy reading it while it lasts...