SAC ; 041

IAN'S P.O.V

i had nothing to do today aside from going to my favorite place, my cafe, and meeting my favorite person, rave. but of course, something—someone rather, had to get in the way.

kevin.

it was almost 9:30 in the evening and i was fixing some stuff in the cafe so that i could leave when suddenly, the door opened, and my cousin entered.

i was the only one left in the cafe so if he wants to cause a scene and beat me to death, he could freely do so.

"we're closed." i said, wiping my hands with a cloth.

"i know, dumbass."

"so naghahanap ka ng gulo?"

"i just want to talk, ian."

oh, really?

i threw the cloth on the countertop and walked towards my cousin, stopping a meter away from him.

i just stared at him while crossing my arms over my chest. he wants to talk? then go ahead and talk.

"look, i know things haven't been good between us lately but..."

"... i'm sorry, ian."

"for... for everything. i realized na tama ka. i really wasn't a good cousin to you kahit nung bata pa tayo and i apologize for that. and sorry din for beating you up nung nakaraan."

i scoffed. "you didn't beat me up."

there was silence. none of us talked.

but after a few more moments...

we both started chuckling.

"i hate every part of you, kev. "

"i know."

i stepped forward, welcoming kevin in a hug.

he may be a total asshole but he's still my cousin.

"and tanggap ko na. rave will never love me anymore. you deserve each other, ian."

"buti naman at na-realize mo 'yan." i teased, making the both of us laugh.

"i'm sorry, ian."

"thanks, kev."

and it finally felt light, knowing that another obstacle is now out of our way.