SAC ; 014

IAN'S P.O.V

8 p.m.

fuck, late na.

i was two hours late, and everything feels horrible. i entered the hall and the program was almost over. i could tell that the host was already saying the closing remarks. i looked over at the buffet area and noticed that the dessert table was indeed empty. there was nothing there.

i just stood there, not knowing what to do. luckily, after a few more minutes, the guests started leaving the venue. there were still a few ones left, talking, but I didn't care anymore.

i had to talk to rave.

not knowing where to go at all, i decided to start looking for him in the backstage hall. unfortunately, no one was there. the hallway was quite dark but dim lights were lit up.

"where would i find him?" i whispered to myself while walking and looking around. i ended up in the garden, where fairy lights were placed on the bushes and light posts. it was a beautiful set up. they did well in designing the venue, though.

"ngayon ka pa talaga dumating." i heard someone speak from behind and when i looked around, it was rave. he had his hands inside his pockets as he stares hurtfully in my eyes. the wind suddenly blows gently, lightly touching our skin.

"rave, i'm sorry-"

"nasaan ka ba kasi kanina, ian? couldn't you give me even just a simple update?"

"alright, my bad. i attended this theater audition in UP Manila. my friend offered me that even before you offered me this job. i do theater shows kaya i accepted his offer. and my cafe is my business kaya i also accepted your offer. everything was going smooth with the orders earlier. i swear to God, rave. i made all those desserts all by myself. i didn't scam anyone." i paused, taking a step closer to rave while his eyes dart into mine.

"pumasok pa 'ko sa cafe kanina to check everything and kumpleto naman lahat. my assistant checked everything as well. i trust her so much, rave, and i know she wouldn't lie to me. pinaagahan ko pa nga yung pagpapadeliver nila kasi alam kong male-late ako. but rave, i swear, hindi ko alam kung bakit wala yung desserts doon. i apologize for not being here kanina kaya hindi ko nacheck ulit. pero that's all. hindi ko talaga alam kung anong nangyari after that."

rave sighed after my long ass explanation. out of everything that i just said, he seemed unimpressed with it.

"what an excuse, ian." he said my clicking his tongue and shaking his head.

what the hell naman, ano bang gusto nitong gawin ko?

i closed my eyes and sighed, "i'm not making an excuse, rave. totoo lahat ng sinabi ko. i didn't-"

"anong ginagawa mo dito?!" a loud voice boomed around the area while a man made his way towards me.

it was rave's dad, i can easily recognize him. behind him was kylle and one of their bodyguards, trying to stop him but he was walking fast and in no time, he was already infront of me.

"sir, i-"

"you dirty opportunist bastard!"
he shouted as his fist landed straight on the left side of my face.

"dad, stop!" i heard kylle shout as i stumbled backwards but before i could make any move, he was already gripping my collar, making me stand once again. he wanted to hit me for the second time but kylle and the bodyguard were able to stop him.

"oportunista ka! i knew it, you were just desperate for money kaya mo ginawa 'to eh. fool! i'm better than you! you hear me?! you're nothing! nothing!" he shouted my while pointing his finger right infront of my face.

"tama na, dad. tama na." kylle kept on making his dad stop and i also tried explaining myself to him but my words only fell on deaf ears.

moments later, mr. corpuz finally left with his bodyguard. kylle just gave me a 'disgusted' stare before proceeding to walk with his dad.

he must be mad as well.

at that moment, everything was in chaos. but suddenly, the world turned quiet. i stood still on my spot, fighting the urge to break down right then and there. i looked up and saw rave, standing just a few meters away from me.

but he was just standing... just looking... and i thought his eyes were emotionless... not until i saw a single drop of tear stroll down his cheek.

i wanted to walk up to him but before i could move my foot, in a blink of an eye, he suddenly walked away briskly. my eyes followed him, even if he was already far from me, until my eyes couldn't see him no more.

i'm sorry.