SAC ; 015

IAN'S P.O.V

it was around 9:30 in the evening when we started packing up before the closing time. 20 minutes later, the staff in the cafe started leaving one by one.

"good night, sir ian. ingat po pauwi."

"good night, guys. thanks for today."

i smiled at them and went to the kitchen to start refilling the jars and containers for tomorrow's work.

"sir ian, ako na po! uwi ka na po, ang dami mo nang nagawa ngayon eh." it was elle. i chuckled and gently shook my head. she's always been so polite and kind to me.

"it's fine, kaya ko pa naman eh. it's you who should go home already. first shift ka bukas, kailangan marami kang tulog."

"okay lang po ako, sir. tulungan nalang po muna kita mag-refill bago ako umalis."

"alright, ikaw na sa drizzles. ako nalang sa toppings."

"aye aye!" elle said cheerfully before proceeding to the other side of the kitchen. i chuckled at her reply.

ang daming energy, sana all.

we spent a good 30 minutes inside the kitchen, prepping everything for tomorrow until it was time for us to go home. elle bid goodbye first and i told her i had to run a check on everything once again before leaving. she didn't argue anymore and left so i went to the kitchen for the last time.

when i finished, i glanced at my wristwatch and it was already 10:40. i wanted to finish by wiping the countertop and just as i was about to put the damp cloth to the hamper, i heard the bells by the door ring, signaling that someone came in.

"sorry, but we're–" i stopped midway when i saw who just entered the cafe.

"–closed." i finished, keeping a straight face on.

the fuck is he doing here?

"i'm sorry." he suddenly blurted out.

i scoffed and threw the cloth at the hamper on the floor and made my way towards him. i looked deep in his eyes while keeping my hands in my pockets.

"for what, rave?" i asked as soon as i stood just a few feet from him.
he kept his head low, not knowing how to answer my question.

that's right. feel the guilt, asshole.

"kasi you entered the cafe kahit closed na? don't worry, i won't charge you for that." i went on and smiled sarcastically.

"ian..."

"makakaalis ka na."

"ian, please–"

"what else do you want, rave?" i asked. i could feel my blood boiling right now just as the sight of this man.

"ano? tatawagin mo ba ulit akong oportunista? are you here to make me realize kung gaano ako katanga? or.. how big of an asshole i am?" i'm trying my best not to raise my voice at rave but i know he could feel the intensity from the way i'm speaking.

rave sighed. "ian... i know i was wrong. hindi dapat kita hinusgahan ng ganun but i was just carried away by my emotions. sobrang natakot ako sa posibleng maging reaksyon ni dad kaya naibuntong ko sa'yo yung nararamdaman ko. but it was already proven na the desserts were there. mali ako, ian. i'm very sorry."

i sighed.

"what happened then?" i asked.

"they found all the desserts you made in the junk. hindi ko alam kung sino nagpatapon but we're already doing an investigation on it."

what????

"i'm really sorry, ian. i shouldn't have judged you that quick."

i sighed, again, and put my hands inside my pockets.

i bit the inside of my cheeks and later on, nodded at rave.

"oo na. it's all good."

his face suddenly lit up after i said that. excited much?

"t-talaga? okay na tayo?"

i chuckled and rolled my eyes at him. "oo na nga, rave. okay na. ano pa nga bang magagawa ko eh wala ka rin namang kasalanan doon."

rave heaved a sigh of relief and chuckled while holding on to his chest. he suddenly walked up to me and opened his arms, engulfing me in an embrace.

catching me completely off guard, i didn't know how to respond to that action. i don't get a lot of hugs from other people that's why I'm really not used to this.

"thanks, ian." he said. i brought one of my arms up and hugged him by his waist, gently tapping his back.

"you're welcome, i guess?"

rave finally let go of the hug and i suddenly felt a breeze of awkwardness engulfing us.

now what?

"so now uhm..." rave started, making me anticipate whatever he was about to say.

"hmm?"

"uuwi ka na ba?"

"yeah, actually. why?"

he shook his head. "wala naman, natanong ko lang."

i nodded. "alright. labas na tayo? i have to close the cafe na eh."

rave agreed and we both went out after i closed the lights and locked the doors properly. his car was parked beside mine so we went to the same direction.

"una na 'ko ah? ingat, rave." i said and was about to go to my car when rave stopped me.

"oh wait, ian!"

"yeah?"

"busy ka ba bukas? yayain sana kita for lunch. just a peace offering, don't worry."

i chuckled. "'wag na, rave. wala na 'yun. you don't have to–"

"i insist, ian. please? kung hindi ka lang naman busy, of course."

i thought about it and sighed.

mukhang 'di papatalo 'to ah.

i nodded. "fine. andito ako sa cafe bukas."

"that's great! sunduin nalang kita."

"i have my car, rave."

"pero mas maganda kasi kung–"

"i said, i have my car." i cut him off. so kulit kasi.

rave rubbed the back of his neck with his hand and smiled sheepishly.

"right, yeah. i'll meet you nalang tomorrow. good night, ian."

"good night, rave."

with that, i went to my car, ending the day with a bit of uneasiness in mind.