SAC ; 020

"rave, gising na." ian gently said as he shook rave's shoulder, trying to wake him up.

"hmm?"

"tara na. tapos na yung practice."

"huh? oh– ay, sorry, ian. let's go." even though his vision was still a bit blurry, rave stood up, almost stumbling to the side but fortunately, ian was quick to catch my and hold him by his waist.

that one swift move was all it took to wash off all the sleepiness from rave's system and when he looked up–which he wished he didn't–he saw a pair of tantalizing hazel eyes staring down at him. seems like the world just got a whole lot quieter and all rave could hear was his heartbeat, synching in with his breathing.

"careful." ian's voice pulled his senses back together as he helped rave stand properly again.

ian chuckled and rave thought his giggles were like a sweet melody to his ears.

what the fuck am i thinking? rave suddenly realized, snapping out of his daydreaming thoughts.

"i'll drive for you. seems like inaantok ka pa masyado."

"huh? hindi ako inaantok ah. tsaka hindi ka pwede magdrive. pagod ka from practices tsaka puyat ka pa tapos– HOY!" rave wasn't even able to finish his sentence when ian rolled his eyes at him and snatched the car keys from his hands.

"anong tinatayo mo dyan? get in, rave." ian instructed as he opened the car's door for rave.

but the other's stubbornness was showing off as he crossed his arms over his chest, not having any plans of backing down any time soon.

"ayoko nga. that's my car, ian. ako dapat magddrive."

"you clearly look very tired, rave. pumasok ka nalang, please? ako na magddrive. hindi naman ako pagod eh."

"ayoko nga."

"dali na."

"ayaw."

"damn, rave. don't you ever get tired of arguing?"

"ako na nga kase– oh, what are you doing? hey! ian– put me down! hOY! HELP!" rave panicked as soon as ian walked up to him, bent down on one of his knees and carried rave on his shoulder as the latter can only hit him on his back.

ian then placed rave on the passengers seat gently before a sly smirk made its way on his lips, making rave's stomach tumble. ian closed the door and walked to the other side of the car to settle himself in the driver's seat.

"why did you do that?"

"ang kulit mo kasi. ngayon, matulog ka dyan. i'll drive to your condo."

"you don't know my address, ian. isa pa, paano ka uuwi after nun?"

ian shrugged, "edi magcocommute. marunong naman ako."

"pero gabi na. kaya nga sinusundo para–"

"rave." ian's voice wasn't loud but it was firm and authoritative enough to shut rave up.

"i know you're only doing this for me to say yes to your offer. pero sinabi ko naman na diba? ayoko nga. i can't do it anymore, rave."

the air inside the small space of the car grew thick as the two men locked stares with each other. the other's eyes bore frustrations and fear while the other's bore worries and defeat.

"right, i understand, ian. sorry for insisting on this. you have a job, i know, at alam kong mas importante sa'yo 'yun."

ian sighed, gently taking rave's hand. "thanks, rave. i'm really sorry but i just couldn't take it."

rave nodded and after a few moments of letting the tension die down, ian started driving.

the drive was long, quiet, and cozy. the cold breeze of the air condition and the vibe of the chilly weather brings rave to yawn and moments later, sleep has finally cradled him in its arms once again.

ian, not noticing that his companion is now fast asleep, proceeds to ask him, "nagdinner ka ba? or baka nagugutom ka? saan mo gusto kumain?"

"rave?" as he takes a glance beside him, ian automatically smiles at the sight of rave sleeping. the latter's mouth was slightly apart and a few of his hair gently fell on his forehead.

"tss, 'di pa raw inaantok." he then chuckled.

it was almost 2 am but ian decided to take them somewhere but promises to bring them back home in the morning.