SAC ; 040

RAVE'S P.O.V

the next day, i had to go to the office early to talk to my dad. i knew he was only going to tell me on about leaving ian and marrying kevin but whatever. i just want to get this over with.

"i'm here." i said and opened the door of his office.

there's no need for formalities anymore. not now that he has already invalidated my freedom for countless times.

as usual, he didn't even look at me as he spoke, "sit down. we're going to talk about your marriage with-"

"i'm not going to marry kevin." i said, cutting him off. that seemed to work and i got his full attention now. i breathed deep, preparing myself for whatever's about to happen.

he stood up, walking towards me. "i wasn't asking for you permission, rave. ikakasal ka kay kevin."

"ayoko nga, dad."

"what's the matter? mag-ex naman kayo ni kevin, 'di ba?"

"we're exes for a reason. at isa pa, i never thought you would accept my sexuality this quick. never akong umamin sa'yo kasi alam kong hindi ka matutuwa but what is this? "

dad got quiet. he only stared back at me; his eyes starting to well up with tears. oh, is he crying? that's new.

he turned and walked back to his desk, like he was done talking to me.

but i wasn't.

"sabihin mo nalang kasi, dad. you're only doing this dahil business partner natin sila tito antonio. the company's falling down, diba? kaya ka kumakapit sa kanila para-"

"OO NA!" my dad shouted as he looked back at me. i didn't flinch. not anymore.

"is that what you want to hear, paulo? fine. the company's going down and i can't let that happen kaya nung nalaman ko yung tungkol sa past niyo ni kevin, i knew that that was the only way to save us. wanna know something else? ako yung nagpatapon ng desserts na ginawa ni ian the first time we hired him. ayoko sa kanya. he was nothing compared to us, rave. but when i found out na pamangkin siya ni Antonio, i had to bring him back."

i breathed, taking in all the information that i just found out.

"you threw ian's desserts? hindi ka na naawa! he did all of those and i said hurtful words towards him not knowing that it was your fault all along?!"

"my god, pau! is that all that matters to you?"

"ian is all that matters to me." I stated through gritted teeth.

"whatever. kahit ano pang sabihin mo, you're still going to marry kevin."

"i said i don't want to! bakit ba hindi mo 'ko maintindihan?! pakinggan mo naman ako, for once!"

"stop being so fucking selfish, paulo! you're doing this to save our company. bakit? sa tingin mo ba may mararating ka if you stay with that baker? wala! you're nothing without me, paulo. parehas lang kayo ng mom mo! you're-"

i didn't let him finish his sentence as i threw a forceful punch on his face, making him stumble down. when he looked back at me, his lower lip was bleeding and his eyes widened in shock. i stared him down with my eyes that were burning with anger.

"how dare you. . ." my dad whispered, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"this is the last time na hahayaan kitang magsalita ng masama about my mom. she was the only one who stood beside you and all your bullshits in life but you still chose to cheat on her. and ian? he's one of the few people who showed me what true happiness is. i'd rather be nothing without you because that means i can finally be able to build myself. and one more thing... i'm resigning. i'm resigning from this company... and from your life."

i walked out of the building after that, heaving a sigh of relief as i finally got to say what i wanted to say.