SAC ; 008

IAN'S P.O.V

the next day, i got up at around 6 a.m and took my time to workout, take a shower, prepare my breakfast, wear a nice suit and tie, and get ready for a formal meeting. it's not my first time attending to a meeting like this and talking to a company's CEO but something about this day makes me feel jittery and i don't even know why.

at 7:15, i got my keys, walked out of my condo unit, and proceeded to the parking lot to take my car out. the weather was nice and the traffic condition wasn't heavy as well. today feels like a great day, actually.

or so i thought....

---

as i arrived in the building where rave has sent me, i was greeted by two high-end looking guards who assisted me to the conference room. when they opened the door for me, i was greeted by a few pair of eyes as everybody turned to look at the door.

"good morning po." i greeted and fortunately, everyone greeted back. some of them had smiles on their faces and some of them only gave me a timid nod. i don't know if they're delighted by my presence or not but to be honest, that didn't matter to me anymore. i'm only here for the job, anyway.

moments later, the door opened once again, revealing a man standing fierce and bold. his intimidating stance immediately filled the room and his powerful aura engulfed everyone he comes across with. he looks like he's already in his 50s, strands of his hair were already starting to turn grey but it seems like he never bothered to dye them.

it looks cool on him though.

everyone stood up, including me of course, to greet the man who i assume to be the CEO of the company. he wasn't alone though. behind him was the guy whose name is kylle, i think. he wore a brown suit, his hair looks soft on of his head and his eyeglasses make him look really young and innocent. beside him was the only guy in the room that i actually know. there goes rave.

his dashing half-blonde, half-black hair were slicked back and parted in half, letting a few strands of them gently fall on his forehead. his black suit perfectly hugs his body, showing how slim he is.

"sit down, please." mr. corpuz said and everyone took a seat. i was just fixing myself on my seat when i felt a presence beside me and when i turned to look at my left side, rave was suddenly there, settling himself on an swivel chair.

i leaned towards him and whispered, "good morning. nice look, hmm." i said, trying to tease him. i thought he was gonna be annoyed but he just gave me a small smile instead.

rave looks composed today. too composed.... in my opinion.

the meeting went by smoothly. it wasn't that stressful though. we just took time getting introduced to one another and presenting our ideas to everyone. i presented my ideas well, showing off pictures of the desserts that i have made and explaining the kinds of them that i will be including in the menu.

all the while, i could feel rave taking glances at me but since i was kind of nervous by the way that the CEO was eyeing my works, i couldn't even look back at him.

the meeting finally finished at 11:30 a.m and one of the members of the team decided to have lunch together. unfortunately, i had to go back to the cafe so i declined their offer, respectfully.

"ingat ka, ian."

"ingaaat!"

"thank you po. ingat din po kayo." i smiled and waved at them before turning my back to walk to the elevators. but before i could walk away, i took a glance at my side and saw rave going to a different direction.

he's probably going back to his office. hmm.. guluhin ko nga. ;)

"pst, rave!" i called and he immediately looked back, searching for whoever called him. i waved my hand a little and he finally saw me.

"yeah? need anything?" he asked as soon as i got close.

"uhm, tara, lunch? my treat." i asked, straightforward. rave scoffed, obviously slightly taken aback by my question.

"no, thanks. busog pa 'ko."

"kahit i-take out mo nalang then kainin mo later."

"marami pa 'kong-"

"rave." we were startled when a deep voice suddenly called rave. i immediately identified that voice. it was the ceo.

rave cleared his throat before turning his body towards the side, to his dad.

"yes, sir?"

"i need these papers signed today." he said before his secretary handed a folder to rave to which the younger accepted.

mr. corpuz suddenly glanced at me and i bowed a little, showing respect to him.

"you're the baker, aren't you?"

"yes, sir. i am."

"hmm... how did you find our company? may nagrefer ba sa'yo? i guess hindi masyadong malaki yung kinikita mo sa cafe mo kaya you made a desperate move of getting in touch with a big company, tama ba?"

"dad..."

i was taken aback with his questions. i blinked my eyes in confusion and furrowed my eyebrows. what is he talking about?

"with all due respect, mr. corpuz. your son invited me to do this project. i didn't look for your company. and yes, i may be doing this for money but at least pinaghihirapan ko yung perang kinikita ko. i'm not someone desperate. i'm just helping a friend out."

i heaved a sigh before looking at him sharp in his eyes. "i'll go ahead, mr. corpuz. have a nice day." i gave him one last bow before walking out of the building, annoyed.