nineteen

the next morning, sunlight peeking through your blinds wakes you up.

you're slightly confused, not feeling your usual pillow under your head.

you look up, seeing natsu snoring with an arm around you, his bare chest serving as your pillow.

everything from the night before hits you, making a grin spread across your face.

and of course, then your mind has to go running in the worst direction possible.

you stare off into space, trying and miserably failing to push such negative thoughts out of your mind.

"what're you thinking about?" natsu's voice shakes you from your thoughts, slightly surprised by the rasp in his voice from just waking up.

"huh? oh, nothing."

he gently scratches at the back of your scalp, letting out a small laugh.

"you just won't listen to anybody when we tell you how bad you are at lying, huh? what's wrong?"

you sigh, unable to look up at him.

"last night... didn't change anything, did it?"

"you're gonna have to be a little more specific." you laugh, knowing that the obvious thing that had changed was you two sleeping together.

"like, that wasn't all you wanted, right?"

"what i want is to go make us breakfast and take you grocery shopping for the house with me. cmon, i'm hungry."

such a simple sentence makes your heart flutter, hearing all the reassurance you could've needed.

after natsu almost set your kitchen on fire, he agrees to help while you take the lead with making breakfast.

"hand me the bacon please?"

he reaches into the fridge and hands you the package, content smile on his face.

he steps back, admiring you pouring batter into the waffle maker and placing the bacon in a pan on the stove.

she looks so pretty
i wouldn't mind watching her do this every day

"natsu?"

"huh?" you were looking at him expectantly, making him realize he'd be zoning out.

"how do you like your eggs?"

"however, i'm not picky. do you have hot sauce?" you playfully roll your eyes at the question, nodding to the fridge.

"there's texas pete and sriracha in there, i got both since i didn't know which you prefer."

"you got both for me?"

"of course." the sweet smile on your face makes him swoon, blushing all over again.

after you two eat and you get ready for the day, he drives you both to the fairy tail house before grocery shopping.

"i'll be down in a few minutes." you nod as he heads up the stairs

you walk into the kitchen, gray and wendy pausing their conversation and both giving you a sneaky grin.

"why are you guys looking at me like that?"

wendy taps the side of her neck a few times, her and gray giggling like toddlers. you furrow your eyebrows, pulling out your phone to look.

you gasp as you see a small red and purple mark on your neck, heat rushing to your face.

"looks like you two had fun last night."

"guess they finally worked it out."

"you guys are the worst!"

"maybe you two shouldn't have made it so obvious!" gray's giggling turns into full blown laughter, making you walk over to wendy and put both of your hands over her ears.

"maybe you should tell juvia to be a little less proud of you getting pegged by her." gray's eyes nearly pop out of their sockets, laughter ceasing.

"juvia!"

"yes darling?" you hear her innocently call from down the hall, bursting into laughter as gray speeds towards the sound of her voice.

wendy tells you about her most recent microbiology lab while you wait for natsu, levy and gajeel stopping by to say hi to you.

"did everyone put what they want on the list?!" natsu calls out, looking around as he comes down the stairs.

he grins when he catches you staring, shooting you a wink as he heads to the counter.

natsu looks over a small piece of paper on the kitchen island, laughing and shaking his head.

"the grocery lists gets weirder every time. you ready?"

you nod, reaching over and flicking the top of one of his ears.

"ow! the hell was that for?!"

"for this, you idiot! you didn't think to warm me it was there?" you point to your neck, making natsu smirk

"you weren't complaining when i put it there."

"you know what- never mind, let's go." you grab his hand, pulling him towards the door as he lets out a mischievous laugh.

——

"natsu, if you break those eggs i'm leaving you in this store."

"you can't leave me, i drove!"

"your keys are in the cart that i'm pushing."

grocery shopping with natsu turned out to be even more chaotic than you thought, but you were having a great time like always.

as you two walked down the cereal aisle, he looped his arms around your waist and pulled your back against him, making your stomach drop.

"hey (y/n)?"

"hm?"

"can i take you on a date tomorrow?"

so the other times weren't dates

"i mean, i think i've taken you on dates before. but, i asked because i wanna take you on a fancy date tomorrow."

oh ??

"i'd love that."

——

next chapter is the last one >:)