thirteen

"(y/n)! i missed you so much!" wendy throws her small body against you as you walk through the door, hugging you as hard as she can.

"hey little one, i missed you too."

some people are seated around various games in the living room, while cana is pouring drinks for others in the kitchen.

"are you guys pre-gaming for game night?"

"it's literally in the name, pre-game, it's only right." gajeel grins as he hands you a cup.

natsu looks longingly from the kitchen where you and kurenai are standing, wanting nothing more than to go talk to you and just be close to you. but, he said he would leave you alone and he wouldn't dare go back on his word.

"gimme another." he turns back to cana, usual grin gone from his face.

"are you good? i don't think i've ever seen you drink this much." cana's eyebrows furrow in concern, suspecting he was upset about something between you and him.

"i'm fine."

"gray, you asshole!"

"you just looked like you didn't have enough cards, my bad." gray gives you a shit eating grin

you, kurenai, gajeel, levy, laxus, gray and juvia were all deeply immersed in a game of uno. juvia was perched on gray's lap, the two of them sharing their deck of cards. gajeel wasn't exactly playing, just snuggling up to levy in one of the loveseats and offering commentary throughout the game.

"son of a bitch." laxus pulls a card from the deck on the coffee table

"somebody doesn't have any yellows!"

"shut up gajeel."

as much as you didn't want to come, it would be a lie to say you weren't having fun. but, something in the back of your mind told you that you'd be having more fun if natsu was playing too.

natsu stayed in the kitchen with mira, lisanna, cana, erza, and freed, attempting to drink away wishing he was able to spend time with you. the only ones drunker than him were lisanna and freed, which was a surprise to everyone in the room.

natsu widens his eyes as lisanna stumbles around the kitchen, reaching out to catch her from falling as she trips over her own two feet.

"lisanna, maybe you should lay down for awhile." cana widens her eyes.

"nooo, i'm good! gim-hic-gimme another one!"

"yea no, that's enough for tonight." natsu grabs the liquor bottle she's reaching for, placing it on the top of the fridge.

you just so happen to glance up from the game as natsu and lisanna's interaction is taking place in the kitchen. because you're unable to hear them, it looks like she's throwing herself at natsu and he's not doing much to stop it.

your jaw clenches, jealousy overcoming you.

"(y/n)? it's your turn."

"huh? oh, sorry."

you don't have any room to say anything
he's not your boyfriend, so what are you so pissed about ?

as the game goes on, you're getting closer and closer to winning, having just a red 3 card left.

"uno!"

"oh hell no, somebody stop her." as everyone else drops a card, the color doesn't change, making you smirk.

"looks like i win bitches." you grin, everyone else groaning.

and as you look up from the game, your throat goes dry at what you see.

natsu is picking lisanna up, putting her over his shoulder and walking up the stairs.

of course, it had to be another bitch with short white hair.

you slightly shake your head, deciding to not let that ruin your night.

"okay, drink this water and try to get some rest, okay?"

"natsu, m-my tummy hurts." natsu grimaced as lisanna's face begin to tint green, rushing to pull over the trash can from next to her desk.

about 20 minutes later, you see natsu coming down the stairs, with different sweatpants on and pulling a t-shirt over his head and hair wet and messy with what seemed to be sweat. it takes all your willpower to avoid going into the kitchen and telling him off.

but, he wasn't your boyfriend. and you two had never kissed or slept together or anything, so you really had no right to harbor so much anger towards him.

but you did. you sure as hell did.

"is lis okay?" concern filled mira's face as natsu came back into the kitchen.

"she definitely threw up all over my legs, but she's asleep now. she's gonna be hurting tomorrow." he chuckles.

as he scans the room, he notices you glancing in his direction looking downright furious. as you two make eye contact, he offers a small wave. he's surprised at you flipping him off and turning your back to him.

cana and erza share a look, watching the interaction play out. natsu groans, lacing his hands into his hair.

"what did i do now?!"