two

you go to the gym straight from your last class the next day, changing into a hoodie and sweatpants when you arrive. since your usual headphones are at home, you have no choice but to use the earbuds on your keychain. you pull the hood of your sweatshirt over your head, going to your same spot to warm up.

you head to a stair master, starting your warm up for another leg day.

natsu grumbled to himself as he parked in front of the gym, annoyed that none of his friends were available to come workout with him. he didn't necessarily hate working out alone, but there wasn't anybody to compete with when he was by himself. he put his earbuds in both ears, scanning the mostly empty gym.

as he heads to the mens locker room, he sees a hooded figure on the stair master. he recognizes your (f/c) converse hi tops unlaced on the floor in front of the machine you're using. his eyes light up, realizing you're back at the gym.

"hey, i know you! you told me and gray off yesterday!"

given how loud your music was, your hoodie obstructing your peripheral view, and focusing on a random spot in front of you to distract you from the burning in your leg muscles, you definitely didn't notice him.

his grin dropped, eyebrows furrowing at the lack of a reaction from you.

given how high off the ground the stair master had you, even if he stood in front of the machine you probably wouldn't see him. he let out a huff, stalking into the locker room to put his bag away.

you finish your warm up, hopping down from the machine and loading a barbell to start a set of hip thrusts. you bend down to lace your converses, switching out from your running shoes.

when you stand straight again, you jump about a foot off the ground seeing a figure standing behind you, staring at you in the mirror.

"jesus! fuck dude, can i help you?" you yank an earbud out of your ear, eyes wide.

"hi! i met you yesterday, you told me and gray off for being loud."

"okay...?"

"you're really strong! you squatted a shit ton of weight yesterday." his wide smile never leaves his face, amazing you at his outgoing attitude.

"thanks. did you need something or?" you raise an eyebrow.

"well, can i workout with you? none of my friends could come with me today."

"you just met me and you want to workout with me?"

"yea, why not? i like to compete with people when i work out, that's the best way to get stronger!"

"good for you man. i'm much better working out on my own, thanks for the offer."

he visibly deflates, mouth dropping in surprise.

"so you don't wanna workout with me?!"

"i don't even know your name!" you exclaim, chuckling in disbelief.

"oh, well that's an easy fix! i'm natsu!" he holds out his hand to shake. you look from his hand up to his face and back.

"are you okay? like, is something going on up there?" you tap your temple.

"what?! i'm just bein' nice to you! does that make me crazy?"

"are you this nice to every stranger you come across?"

——

your phone buzzes with a text from kurenai as you're gathering your things to leave the gym.

stupid whore <3
today, 7:08 pm

i'm cooking dinner tonight :)

dear god
i'll stop and pick up something on the way home

fuck you

you almost started a fire cooking ramen you dumbass

that happened forever ago!

it happened a week ago.

...
okay but this recipe is way easier! it'll be good!

if you fuck it up you're buying our backup dinner

suck my dick
see you at home <3

ALSO
bitch
there was this guy at the gym today
do i have a story for you

U FOUND A BOO ?!?!

no idiot you know i've sworn off all men
he's just fuckin weird