Dance (Komaru and Toko, Ultra Despair Girls)

Pairing; Naegi Komaru x Fukawa Toko 

   "W-Well, I'm glad at least you're excited for tonight," Fukawa grumbles, swinging her feet as she sits on the side of their bed, "I, for one, think it's going to be a social nightmare."

   Naegi smiles, doing a little spin before coming right up to her. "C'mon, Toko, it's going to be amazing! The food, the dresses, the dances-ah, except I don't really know how to dance properly, so that might be a problem. . ."

   Fukawa raises an eyebrow. "You don't know h-how to dance? W-Well, I guess that can be expected of someone like you, Omaru."

   "Do you know how to dance, Toko?"

   Fukawa puts on a proud yet condescending grin. "Of course! I'm no fool."

   Naegi's eyes widen. "Really?! Can you show me?"

   The novelist sharply turns her head away. "I-I mean. . .I guess," She grabs her phone and opens up Spotify, looking for a good song to practice to, "Move to the center of the floor."

   Naegi obediently does, still looking surprised and eager. Fukawa picks a random, slow song before scooting off the bed and joining her.

   "Are you leading, or am I?"

   "I'll lead, so you don't end up looking like a disaster," Fukawa replies without missing a beat, "Give me your hand."

   Fukawa places one of Naegi's hands on her own shoulder before grabbing the other's waist. She joins their other hands and pulls the brunette close, making her blush.

   "I'll teach you a simple waltz box step for now. . .Just try not to step on my toes with your giant feet."

   "Hey! My feet are normal-sized!"

   Fukawa moves forward, startling Naegi and causing her to step back with her right foot. "Now we move this way. . .bring your feet together. Now come towards me-no, other foot! Now we go a bit diagonal-no, you use your right foot! And bring them back together. . .Well, that could have been worse."

   "Even though I messed up a few times, that wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be," Naegi admits.

   The writer huffs. "Well, it was nowhere near perfect. Let's do it again."

   Fukawa moves forward again, but this time Naegi is ready. . .Ready but too focused on her feet.

   "D-Don't look at the ground, look at me! Don't you trust me by now? Jeez, Omaru, just let me guide you." Fukawa huffs, gently urging them both into motion. "This is probably all you really need to know, so you don't embarrass yourself. Or me. L-Let's go a little faster now."

   And they're spinning, and Naegi can barely keep up, trying to focus on moving the right foot at the appropriate time, and Fukawa's husky count under her breath.

   After about ten to fifteen minutes, they're both gliding smoothly around the bedroom, smiling.

   "Hmph! I didn't expect you to get it so fast. I h-hate to admit it, but I'm impressed."

   Naegi smirks. "Does that mean I can lead now? It's just the same thing, but opposite, right?"

   "You're not leading," Fukawa replies as the third song comes to a stop, "I need a break."

   She pulls away and walks back to the bed, promptly flopping backing on top of it. Naegi creeps over to their closet and starts rummaging through it, looking for the right thing to wear to the dance that night.

   "I'm serious, Omaru, you better not embarrass me tonight," Fukawa warns.

   Naegi grins at her over her shoulder. 

   "Don't worry, the only reason anyone's eyes will be locked on you tonight will just be because of how gorgeous you're going to look."

   Fukawa buries her flustered face in her hands.

   "S-Shut up!"