Plain (Max and Chloe, Life Is Strange)

Pairing: Max Caulfield x Chloe Price

   Plain T-shirt. Rip-free jeans. No piercings. Natural, boring hair and slim to none makeup. Boring hobby. Average grades.

  She's just so plain. Is this really the kind of person that Chloe-fucking-Price wants to be with? 

   Max Caulfield glares at herself in the mirror, tugging uncomfortably on the t-shirt she's wearing. It's just a plain, pale pink, nothing special about it.

   She slowly glances over her shoulder to the girl lounging on her bed, one leg slung over the other, scrolling through her phone.

  Chloe Price is probably the very last person on Earth someone would guess Max is dating. They're like total opposites, and Max is so boring, especially in comparison to Chloe. How could she ever choose her?

   The blue-haired girl notices her staring and cracks a grin. "Enjoying the view?" She teases. 

   Max's cheeks turn rose, and she glances away slightly, embarrassed. "I, um. . ."

   "No, it's okay; I don't mind if you stare~."

   Max half-smiles and turns back to the mirror. 

   Chloe twists her lips, propping herself up on her elbow. "Why do you continue to stare at yourself, Caulfield?" She asks suddenly.

   The brunette flinches. "T-That's not what I'm doing." She lies back rather poorly.

   Chloe's eyes narrow. ". . .Right." She propels herself off of the bed, walking up behind Max, wrapping her arms around the other's waist. "What are you thinking about? Be honest."

   Looking at the two of them side-by-side now, the insecurity intensifies. There's this horrible, burning feeling in her chest, and she bows her head.

   ". . .Am I enough for you?" Max whispers under her breath, barely audible to the blue-haired girl. 

   Chloe blinks. ". . .What?"

   "I'm so boring and lame and normal, especially compared to you. I can't be fun to be with, at least to you, right," Max murmurs her reasoning, "I mean, my appearance alone must be-"

   "Max," Chloe interrupts firmly, "That doesn't matter because you're the one I want, and I love you, just the way you are. If I actually cared about that stuff, we wouldn't be together. Max Caulfield just being Max Caulfield is all I could ever want, 'kay?"

   "But-"

   "Stop it now. And I better not hear you thinking that stuff again. Yes, that was a threat."

   Max relaxes into her girlfriend, closing her eyes. "I know I'm being silly from an outside perspective, but I just can't help it, you know? You're so. . .and I'm so. . ."

   "Seriously, it's fine. I don't care, and neither should you."

   "I know."

   "Okay. Good then! Dance party," Chloe pulls away from her, heading towards her stereo, "Yeah, dance party."

   "Chloe-"

   "Nope, we're doing this! Shake that pretty ass!"

   She switches the music on, prompting the other to groan. She reluctantly shuffles her feet in time with the beat.

  Chloe pouts. Max reluctantly puts more effort into it until Chloe grabs her hands, and they're spinning around and around, and they're both laughing before finally flopping together onto the bed.

   Chloe drapes an arm around Max and pulls her close.

   "Appearance and shit like that doesn't matter, babe. I just want someone I can be myself with. I hope you feel that comfortable too."

   "I'll do my best. Because I really do love being with you."

   "I love being with you too."