Rain (Chiaki and Sonia, SDR2)

Pairing: Nanami Chiaki x Sonia Nevermind 

   "It is raining!" Sonia exclaims excitedly, hands and face pressed up against the window.

   "Hmm? Okay. . .Guess we're not going for a walk today." Nanami replies, not even looking away from her game.

   Sonia pouts. "Come on, Nanami-san, be excited; rain, it is fun! It is romantic even," She smiles, folding her hands together, "Two lovers running to each other and sharing a romantic kiss as the rain pours down all around them. . .a romantic love confession from the street to someone in a window a couple of stories up. . .a lovers embrace as they both get soaked. . ."

   Nanami's eyes narrow. "That sounds wet and uncomfortable."

   The blonde deflates. "But. . .would it not be fun and fluffy to at least just do it for the heck of it?"

   "It's stupid and cliche. I won't do it." The gamer huffs, mashing the buttons on her controller even harder.

   Sonia lets out a shaky sigh. "O-Okay. . .I am sorry. I am just going to go on upstairs and continue reading my novel then."

   She turns and heads up the stairs, willing herself not to cry. What a stupid thing it would be to cry about. Or maybe it wasn't Nanami's rejection of the idea, but how cold and dismissive she was to Sonia. She must just be really focused on her game-or hopefully, that is the case.

-

   When Nanami finished her level, she realized she fucked up with her girlfriend. She probably hurt her feelings in more ways than one.

   ". . .Shit," She mumbles, shutting off her game, "How in the hell are you going to fix this one, Chiaki?"

   Her coral eyes flicker over to the window, where the rain is still coming down hard. 

   Maybe. . .

-

   Sonia's focus on her novel is interrupted by the repeated sound of small pebbles tapping against her window.

   With an annoyed sigh, she snaps her book shut and heads over to the window, where yes, it is still raining outside. 

   She raises the window and pokes her head outside, surprised to find Nanami standing on the lawn of their small starter home, arm poised to throw another pebble. Her eyes widen when she sees Sonia, and she smiles.

   "Sonia!" She calls.

   The blond frowns. "Nanami? What in the hell are you doing out there? You are going to catch your death!"

   "Making a romantic gesture," Nanami shouts back up at her, "This is way better than simply stomping up the stairs to talk to you. . .I think."

   "Seriously, Nanami-san, this is not nec-"

   "It is necessary! It's absolutely necessary! Sonia, I love you, and I want to listen to every single thing you have to say! And I want to do every romantic thing you can think of, no matter how cliche! I want to make you happy! It is my destiny!"

   Sonia smiles. "Wait there!" She calls back.

   She turns and races out of the room, thundering down the stairs and sprinting outside to meet Nanami. She grabs her girlfriend by the waist and sweeps her up in a passionate kiss, a kiss that truly left all of history's famous kisses behind.

   Both of them were utterly soaked by now and most likely would catch colds tomorrow, but they didn't care. All that mattered was that Sonia got the passionate in-the-rain kiss she dreamed about.