Roses (Millie and Flora, Her Royal Highness)

Pairing: Millie Quint x Flora Baird 

   Every day this gorgeous girl called Flora Baird comes into Millie's flower shop, and every day Millie spends the entire time swooning. 

   She always orders the exact same thing every day-a a dozen red roses-symbolizing love and passion. How foolish it must be to fall for a customer that clearly already has someone special in their life, whether they know flower language or not. What's the point in working up the courage to confess anyway? Besides, love that will never be requited is aesthetic. 

   Today is just like any other day.

   When Flora breezes into the shop, tossing her straw-coloured hair over her shoulder, Millie turns her back, both to grab the bundle of roses she already had ready for her as well as to hide her blush.

   "Good afternoon, Quint. Gonna look me in the eye or what?"

   Millie takes a deep breath, turning around and setting the roses on the counter, giving the other a friendly smile. "Should I ring these up for you?"

   Flora raises an eyebrow. "Are you just assuming that's what I want to get today?"

   Mille shrugs. "Well, yeah, actually. It's what you get every day, after all. I've been preparing them in advance for you," She grins, "I always pick our prettiest roses for that special someone of yours."

   Flora takes a small step back. "Y-Yeah, she sure is. . .I hope she appreciates them."

   "Well, I'm sure she appreciates the trouble you go through every day to get them," The cashier smiles, "So, I'll ring 'em up?"

   The blonde nods, opening her lavender change purse and pulling out a twenty. Millie pinches the bill between her fingers and tucks it into the register before holding the banquet out to her. "Here you go! Hope you and your love enjoy!"

   Millie pushes down the pain in her heart, flashing a brilliant smile.

   Flora reluctantly takes it from her. "Thanks again. . .I really appreciate you helping me out every day, Quint. It. . .It means a lot to me."

   Millie nods. "No problem. It's my job after all. . .at least until I finish my major." She hums.

   "Right. . .I guess I should. . .go get them to her then."

   "Same time tomorrow?" Millie replies cheerfully.

   "Of course. Then. . ."

   "Bye!"

   Flora turns and leaves the shop, clutching the banquet tightly as she walks down the street. Millie sighs, leaning against the counter.

   'Whoever that girl is. . .she sure is lucky."

-

   Ten minutes later, Flora comes back through the door, startling Millie. She's still clutching that same bouquet of roses.

   Millie's eyes widen. "Flora? What's going on? Did something happen? Is everything okay?"

   The blonde is sweating bullets. "Yeah, it's just, um. . .shit, okay. Um, every day, I buy these roses for the object of my affections, but, um, I've never actually given them to her."

   Millie frowns. "Huh? But you get them every day. I don't understand; just give them to her."

   Flora swallows. "Yeah, that was the idea. . .Okay," She holds out the bouquet to the cashier with shaking hands, "I've looked up the meaning of flowers in the past, so. . .Please accept my roses," She looks away, blushing furiously, "And you should consider yourself extremely lucky that you're the one I like."

   The cashier's heart clutches, and she staggers back in surprise. ". . .What?!"

   "Yeah, just take them so I can leave."

   Millie smiles and takes the flowers. "Come closer." She requests.

   Flora mumbles under her breath but nevertheless comes right up to the counter. Millie leans across the counter and kisses the other's cheek, making them both blush.

   "Thank you for the flowers. I like you too. And I appreciate the excuse to see me every day."

   "You-Shut up!"