Chapter 45

Thursday

I sat in Statistics bored out of my mind. I sat in my row passing notes back and forth with Susan, but it wasn't about anything important so it didn't hold my attention. Mrs. Lawton never changed the seating chart so I've been stuck sitting next to Ali on my left. I always catch her staring at me out of the corner of my eye. It's always the same thing, she stares, she opens her mouth like she's about to say something, and then she goes back to taking notes. This time it has been even worse than usual because of what happened at the Country club. I think she thinks I'm mad at her, but I'm not. I know she didn't do it. As much as I somewhat enjoy math class and being in a class with Susan and Nicolette, I'd much rather be in another class with Johnny or one of the guys right now. They just make everything more entertaining.

"Earth to y/n"

"Yes?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing, just thinking about the lesson"

"Right, and what is the lesson?"

I looked up at the board to see what was written on it and I just saw a bunch of numbers. I have no clue what we were learning today. "I lied"

"I know you did, so what's up?"

"I just don't wanna be sitting in this class anymore, I wanna be in one of the classes with the cobras."

"I know what you mean, this class is such a snooze fest" as she finished her sentence the phone started ringing

"Room 156, Mrs.Lawton speaking" my teacher answered, she stayed quiet for a moment and her eyes scanned the classroom until she saw me. "Yes, she's here. I'll send her down". I looked up at her puzzled. "Y/n, the guidance office would like to see you" she said

I really didnt wanna go talk to guidance but it gets me outta this class so I'll take it as a win

"Lucky bitch" Susan muttered to me, I laughed quietly and stuck my tongue out at her. I made my way to the office and waited for Ms. Massanova to call me in.

"Oh y/n, you're here. That was fast" she said with a smile

"Yeah well I was eager to get out of class"

"Come on, take a seat" she told me. "So it's been about a week since I met with you and I just wanted to follow up with you and see how your doing"

"Not much has changed in a week"

"No? Nothing interesting? Anything positive, anything negative? Things are completely the same?"

"For the most part yeah, same friends, same problems"

"Problems?"

"You know, just the normal conflicts teens go through, nothing crazy."

"I see, how are you feeling"

"Uh fine. I'm feeling really tired with school and karate and everything but soon it'll slow down"

"That's understandable. Most seniors start losing motivation to continue striving for success, they just want to be done. While that can be good it can also cause the feeling of being burned out. I want to make sure that doesn't happen to you, because of your scholarship. Speaking of, have you thought about the schools?"

"Probably University of California state college so I don't have to go far"

She nodded."That's a nice choice. Excellent teachers, the class sizes aren't too big so it won't be anything too overwhelming. Close to family, a bunch of opportunities. It's a great school, a lot of your peers overlook it"