Chapter 36

3 A.M. Friday

"Hello?" He answered the phone sounding groggy

"Hey blondie, I'm sorry for waking you up"

"Are you kidding? I've been up for hours" he said, trying to convince me but i could practically hear the sleep in his voice

"Babe you don't have to lie, its 3 in the morning, I know you weren't already up"

"Well im up, so whats going on?"

"I couldn't sleep"

"How come?"

"My mind wont shut up"

"Tell it to shut up"

"Right, like I didn't already try that" i joked "Can you just stay up and talk with me? Please"

"Of course. What do you wanna talk about?"

"Do you think I'm a bad person? Am I really crazy like Ali said?"

"Oh, so that's what's keeping you up. Dont worry about her and her opinions, she's not worth the headache"

"I know but what if the headache is right?"

"She isn't, why do you care what she thinks anyway?"

"Ali was my first friend here, and now she pretty much hates me just as much as Barbara does." I said. "Maybe I did change and let things get to my head" I said quietly to myself

"Hey look I didn't hear that last part, but I don't like when you think about how others see you or when you put yourself down, so stop that." He said. "People change, it happens, and if you're really someone's friend then you shouldn't start treating them differently just because they changed since the first day you met them. Ali obviously isn't a real friend because as soon as you decide to change she treats you like shit."

"You think so?"

"Duh, you don't see Susan talking to you differently because you changed a little"

"Do you think I changed?"

"Yeah"

"Really?" I asked with worry in my tone

"It's not a bad thing. You're just more you. Obviously you're not the exact same girl that punched me on the beach but how can someone expect you to stay the same when the people around you and situation are changing. Bottom line is everyone changes, some for the better and some for the worse, but you're fine."

I laughed at him bringing up my punching him "I'm sorry about that by the way, but to be fair you totally deserved it"

"Umm I disagree, but whatever you say" he laughed

"That day on the beach feels like such a long time ago but it was only 4 months ago. That's kinda crazy"

"You're telling me"

"I'm sorry for making you stay up"

"Don't be, its apart of my boyfriend duties, besides remember that week during the bet we talked on the phone for hours all the time"

"True"

"Can I ask you something?" He asked

"Is that even a question?" I scoffed. "Ask me anything"

"Do you ever wish you didn't make that bet with Ali"

"No. Do I wish there wasn't such a rush? Yes. But if I was able to change how we did things I wouldn't. It's what makes us, us I guess. It gives us a cool story and it makes us different from other couples. It wouldn't be y/n and johnny if we didn't have a weird origin story. Plus it feels like we've been together for years" I explained wholeheartedly. "Do you?" I asked