Chapter 40

"These guys seem to like you very much if they went through all that trouble for you" Lucille said. I was just so amped about the scholarship stuff that I had to talk to someone else about it. I was going to tell my dad but he's out again with Lydia. I didn't really mind though, I liked talking to Lucille, she's a great listener and gives me advice.

"Oh absolutely, they love me." I laughed. "and I love them. They're my boys"

"And the boyfriend is a part of this group too?"

"Yeah"

"He sounds like a keeper then"

"I sure think so"

"So when do I get to meet this boyfriend of yours? Formally? I know he was at thanksgiving but I want to be thoroughly introduced " She asked

"Umm" I thought. "In a couple weeks you can" I told her. The tournament is getting closer and closer and to be honest I am a little nervous.

"Well y/n that's amazing news. So are you leaning towards UCLA or are you just more excited for that one?"

"Since I still have to submit my application and grades, I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to get into UCLA, but I'll be fine with whichever school."

"What do you wanna go to college for?"

"I'm not sure yet, probably something easy like business or communications" (random a/n: I'm actually a communications major with a concentration in radio, tv, and Film Production)

"You don't wanna just pick something just because it's easy, you wanna pick something you like and something you're good at"

"I will, I'm just not sure what I wanna do yet"

"This is so exciting! College is such a big step! Daniel doesn't talk to me about any of this stuff" she said

"Where is Daniel anyway?"

"I actually have no clue. I'm sure he'll be here soon"

"Ok"

"Are you hungry? I can make us some sandwiches"

"Sure, that sounds great"

She smiled and went into the kitchen to start making food. While she was doing that I was flipping through the tv channels, there was nothing really good on, until I saw this station that was broadcasting a fashion show. I stayed on this channel for a minute just before trying to what else was on

"You can put the fashion show back on" Lucille said from the kitchen

"Are you sure? I can find something different"

"No it's fine, I wanna watch. Beside you looked like you were into it"

"Yeah it's interesting" I said while I went back to the channel

"Hey! Why don't you major in fashion? You already have great style. You could make your own clothes, your own fashion line. How cool would that be?"

"I mean yeah, but I can't sew or come up with designs. I don't even know the first thing about fashion, I just put on clothes and walk out the door. "

"That proves you have a natural sense of fashion and the school can teach you how to do all the other stuff"

"I'll think about it."

"I wasn't trying to push it on you, just giving you some ideas. There's art, creative writing, medical studies if you're into that, forensics, education, marketing, entrepreneurship, anything. College doesn't have to be incredibly boring or overly hard. If you pick the right major you'll have fun and make it work."