Chapter 14: Protector

Anaya knew that things don't happen in life just for as they are meant to be, you play as important role as fate does

But right now she was not sure of what she should do regarding all the happenings in her life.

Some unknown feelings were poking her from time to time, it did not let her get a decent sleep, so she decided upon catching up on all the work the whole night resulting in her eyes gifted with slightly evident dark circles which although helped her to escape the haldi ceremony sooner after the discussion with viren and ruhani during breakfast.
Hence, covering almost all the lagging work and being successful in avoiding a particular man the whole day.

But today it was the mehandi day and the last wedding function before the wedding itself.

It's not like she can avoid him today too and how long can she go with it. Maybe after the wedding is all over they won't meet that often or run into each other. Right?

A knock on the door made her wear her flats"coming!!"

She turned to the mirror giving once over to her reflection all ready to go in an olive green floor length frock with a dupatta ears adorned with a pair of silver jewellery, face with slight trace of makeup with a lipstick completing her look.

She smiled in appreciation and rushed to the door only to witness her former best friend standing with her eyes downcast in a strapped light green kurti over a over-pleated salwar with some handmade mujdi and heavy earrings and a choker.

She smiled mildly "Bhabhi jaan tera wait kar rahi hain."

She just made her way out nonchalantly and closed her room's door from behind.

When the first turn of the hallway passed "Rabia is coming."

Anaya looked at the girl walking beside her"do I need to care about it then, she is not my to be sister in law after all."

"I don't hate her, I just don't like her." Humaira said after a while.

Her neck turned in her direction"Do you think I hate her then?"

She scoffed when she did not get any respond out of her"of course why would you not think so."

She fastened her pace and reached the lawn on the third floor where the function was to be organised to see almost all the ladies and girls with a mehndi design book in their hold contemplating on the most beautiful one and comparing it with the one sitting beside them.

A voice called out to her"Anaya aapi Ruhani aapi was waiting for you."

She frowned at tehar's words.

"Arre anaya jaan jab humne suna ki aap bahut hi umda mehndi laga leti hain to socha ki aap hi shuruwaat karein." Ruhani's voice ringed from behind who was sitting on a plush sofa with assuming-ly her relatives.