Chapter 10: Best friend

Life is unpredictable and everyone have their fair share of incidents to know that but everyone think of their share as the most painful but deep down somewhere everyone knows that there are far more worse things people have dealt with than them

And we tend to suppress the thought and grieve over things far more than needed.

Its not like grieving over things is useless or something but there should be a line drawn to make it just the means of showing your emotions over something and not letting it ruin other decisions or instances in life.

That's true that no one has the right to draw the line but yourself.

She thought she had done her part of grieving over all the things that happened but that thought was proven wrong the moment she saw her best friend looking at her with lots of emotions and the one most evident being regret.

She never contemplated much on what would be her reaction on seeing her best friend cum sister after all the things.

Even if she would have ,it would not have been of any use because there was not a single expression on her face it was all blank.

"Anaya"Humaira muttered.

She just looked at her with utter nonchalance playing on her face and to not let any of her emotion to stumble across the person standing in front of her.

Humaira took small baby like steps towards her "Humein maaf karne ko nahi kahenge."

She just looked at the beautiful girl who once was her best friend,secret keeper,her rock,her shoulder to cry on and many more and words will be less to describe the bond they shared.

Humaira continued"I am still waiting for you to come and ask me for why I did what I did."

Her face contorted to a sarcastically surprised one"should I really do that after all the things humaira or should I just go ask Rehan regarding all the doubts I have huh."

Humaira's face turned pale at that"Anaya!"

"Oh! My bad humaira I did not realize I did not have to say this otherwise you might break our friendship, but that so called friendship does that even exist to begin with."

Anaya was saying all this with an undifferentiated expression on her face which humaira was witnessing for the very first time on her best friend's face.

Humaira knew her best friend always put up a facade in front of people in one way or the other either of it maybe selfish,bitchy,calm,calculative,egoistic and many more but with her she was always her real self.

But now when she witnessed the facade herself she would have definitely thought of it as true or might have thought that her best friend changed with time but she knew better.

"It does! it does anaya! and you have to accept that otherwise you would have told rehan long back."humaira answered smiling with a surety in her words.

Anaya was not her calm and calculative self it was the twenty year old anaya speaking who was hurt and that pain which she thought had left her never did.

And now she was hell bent on inflicting the same pain on the person who caused it at least some part of it witnessing the hope in her eyes of everything going back what it was.

"Oh my that's what is bubbling your assumption than let's do that right now I heard he is here."

Humaira's eyes widened at that.

This was what she wanted to see, the unsurity about her actions which she never had in the past and this was enough for anaya.

She never intended to tell anything to rehan, her best friend's fiance and first love for that matter.

She was selfish on her part for using it for threatening her but she wanted to test the belief her former best friend had in her and now when she have the clarity about it she was sure of what she wanted to do.

She started to walk out of the open balcony they were standing in.

Humaira ran behind her the anklets ringing and her long flurry sharara got stuck with her own foot and she fell on her face but grabbed Anaya's hand in the process resulting in Anaya halting on her place.

She looked at the girl holding her hand lying on the floor and this created a sense of deja vu for both the girls out there.

A sarcastic chuckle elicited from her and a tear from humaira's eyes slipped realising of what she had done in the past might have done to the now standing girl.

"Karma is a bitch."She bent to humaira's level and whispered in her ear and pulled her hand out of her grip with a little force and left not noticing humaira's hand hitting the door and someone witnessing all of it from the rooftop.

What do you think happened between them?

Who might be the person on the rooftop?

Was it right of anaya to behave as such?

I know the chapter might have been boring but I tried to make it short.

All this is necessary for you all to kNow my anaya but the next chapter is gonna be interesting maybe.

My indecisive ass is what makes my story interesting for me.

Do vote and comment!

Anyways love yaa😍

-Anushaka