Chapter 50: I fall in love just a little bit every day

"Okay I'm gonna pick up Ashley and then the two of you can get ready while I run a few more errands," Clay said grabbing the keys from the counter. "And then I need you to make sure George and Sapnap don't look like a mess, and then I should getー"

"Clay," I said, putting my hands on his shoulders. "It's gonna be okay, You have done a ton of planning for this and I'm sure it's gonna go fine."

"Well it's already going poorly, Jamie and Patrick both can't come because Jamie's got the flu and Patrick's flight got canceled, so they're both just not coming." (just random names I decided on for his older sister + brother)

"Just take a deep breath, It's gonna be okay, I promise."

"And It might rain."

"We'll bring umbrellas."

"What if Ashley has an allergic reaction to the food again?"

"She won't I'll make sure she won't."

"I'm so stressed."

"Clay, take a deep breath, you're doing great, just pick up your sister, okay?"

"Okay, Okay." He said as he walked out the door. "Text me if you need anything!!"

"Goodbye!" I said closing the door shut and making sure he got out of the house.

It was his parent's 30th wedding anniversary and his mom's 50th birthday, so he had always wanted to do something special for them, and he decided this would be a good year. He had been planning this out for months and had everything planned out, from the caterers to the music to the guest list and the surprise, He had it all planned out.

It was really only family and close friends that were coming, all people that had known him practically his whole life, and I could tell he was stressed, and it really became evident once his brother and sister canceled.

I headed up to my room and pulled out a dress that I had had for forever but never had the chance to wear. I had it cleaned a few days ago, I really wanted to make a good impression, I had met his Mom and Ashley a few times since they came over a fair amount of time for dinners and the like, but I had never met his dad or any of his other family. I also wanted to draw as little attention from my currently broken wrist as possible.

The dress was pretty simple, just a dark emerald green dress with a square neckline and a flowy bottom. It was nice, it was relatively modest, and Fen had approved, so that was what counted.

"Hey, we're here!" I heard Clay call. "Please be on time for the party!!"

I walked down the stairs to be greeted by a blonde fourteen-year-old girl who looked almost identical to her older brother. "Ashley!"

"Y/N!" She said. "I brought my outfit!" She held up a pair of blue shorts, and a striped button-down shirt.

"Alright let's get ready," I said heading back up the stairs and into my room with Ashley.

I decided to hop in the shower while Ashley got her outfit on and soon we were in the bathroom, and I was helping her curl her hair.

"I still can't believe that he was so misbehaved when he was younger," I said with a laugh. "He seems so responsible now."

"Is he really?" She said. "He told me you guys almost got attacked by some weird farmer dude."

"Yeah but he's like responsible with a sense of spontaneity."

"He's fucking dumb is what he is," she said

I laughed. "I don't disagree with you he is really dumb at times, but most of the time I like him a whole lot."