Chapter 29: Do you love me, want me, hate me?

-ˏ ➶ [ dream pov ] . ✧ ˚

"Hey Niki, do you want to paint our nails now?" Y/N said, red as a tomato.

"Oh yeah! That sounds fun!" Niki said.

"Oooh, can I come?" Karl asked. "I think my nails need a new coat." She nodded.

"Okay let's go." She stood up abruptly and walked back into the house. I was really confused. Shit did I make her uncomfortable. Shit, I definitely made her uncomfortable. I thought we were better, I thought she liked me. Shit Shit SHiT.

"Dream!" George said, moving into Karl's seat. "What were you doing???"

"George I fucked up."

"Yeah, no shit you fucked up what did you do though?" Sapnap said.

"Jesus, was it that obvious?"

"Dude she was really fucking red," Quackity said. "Plus she was like half paying attention to our conversation, so what the fuck did you do?"

"Well, I had my hand on her thigh."

"DUuuuudeee"

"Dream."

"Okay but like I did it like the entire car ride yesterday and she was fine with it."

"Well, clearly there was something different about today?" Sapnap said. "Did you do anything differently?"

I rubbed the back of my neck "Ummm"

"Dream!" George exclaimed

"Umm well, I was writing messages on her thigh... I don't know, it was something we did when we were dating, and she's been super flirty this past week. Maybe I misread the situation, I don't know. Either way, I fucked up."

Quackity looked at George and Sapnap. "Has she actually been flirting with him?"

"Yes." They both said at the same time.

"Okay, so I haven't been misreading the situation right?"

"Can I offer an opinion?"

"Yeah go ahead Wilbur, I need all the advice I can get."

"Well, I think that you probably did both. I think you likely read the situation correctly in terms of her feelings, but you also probably made her uncomfortable because you really are flirting back."

"Well, what do I fucking do?"

"Talk to her dumbass," Sapnap said

"Yeah Sapnap's right, you do need to talk to her," Jack said.

"Okay, I'm gonna go talk to her," I said standing up. I turned back around "Wait, shit what do I say?"

"Just talk to her," Sapnap said. "Say what you think you should say."

"That's really helpful, Sapnap."

"No he's right, Dream," Wilbur said. "You're really smart with your words, just go for it, dude."

"Okay. Okay. Okay." I turned around and started to walk into the house. Tommy and Tubbo, who had followed them inside, were sitting at the counter. "Hey, do you know where Y/N is?"

"I think she went towards her room, bossman," Tubbo said.

"Dream calm down, she likes you too," Tommy said, not even looking up from his switch.

"You think so?"

"I've seen the way you look at each other big man. You'll be fine."

"Thanks, Tommy," I said walking towards the bedrooms where I heard voices from Niki and Y/N's shared bathroom.