Chapter 7: Master of Minecraft, never played Minecraft

After a long train ride and a walk home, my week was finally over. After waiting what felt like an eternity, today was the day I could finally see Clay again. It was only 4, so I had plenty of time to get ready, I unlocked the door and headed inside.

I dropped my bag by my shoes at the front door and collapsed on the couch. I grabbed the remote to my left and turned on the TV.

"Hey! Whatcha watching?"

I turned my head around to see that Ellie was home. "Ellie? What are you doing home so early?"

"I had a short day today, so I came home early." She said, sitting down next to me on the couch "We could order dinner or something?"

"Can't have a date tonight." I flipped through the channels.

"Oh, Why didn't you tell me?"

"I haven't seen you all week! When did you expect me to tell you?" I turned my head up from its resting position on her lap to face her.

"Well, you could at least tell me this stuff." She said, the annoyance prominent in her voice.

"Hey, we have all weekend together, we can go shopping or something if you'd like."

"Okay." she still had an emotionless tone.

"What is up with you? Whenever I talk about Clay, you always get so depressed, I thought you would be happy for me, I've been single for like forever!"

"Sorry, there's just a lot on my mind right now." She tugged on her earring, her tell. I knew she was lying to me.

"Okay I might be like 4 years younger than you and not a cool nurse like you are, but I know when someone is lying to me."

"I'm not lying to you Y/N."

"Yes, you are."

"Just leave it be, it's not that big of a deal." She sounded aggressive. It was unusual, she was typically a pretty calm and collected person, but I ignored it, probably just a bad day at work right? We sat and watched food network for a bit.

"Okay, whatever you say, boss," I said, finally leaving it be. I looked down at my watch, "Oh I should probably get ready. You wanna help me pick out an outfit?"

"Nah, You always look good, you don't need my help."

"Surrreeee Ellie." I got up and walked to my room, I was about to go inside when I remembered I needed the car. "Hey Elliiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee"

"Oh god, what do you need now?" She said leaning over the couch to face me.

"I kinda sorta need to borrow the car."

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to his house for a date, and you know how I feel about Ubers."

"But usually you take the train, What's different about this time?"

" I kinda sorta lost my train card today"

"What?! Y/N that's bad!"

"I know I know, I already applied for a new one, but I'm not gonna get it until Monday morning."

"Fine you can use the car, but just this once." She turned back around "And if you fuck it up even one bit, you are dead to me."

"Yup, of course, thank youuuuu" I finally walked inside my room and closed the door. I began to pick out an outfit.

I pulled out a white crop top and a green cardigan with flowers on it. I decided to keep on the jeans I had. I got changed and put on some light gold eyeshadow, brown eyeliner, and some clear lip gloss. I decided to keep it simple. I grabbed my pair of white converse and threw them on. I grabbed my bag and Ellie's key to her car from her work bag and waved goodbye.