Chapter 8: You're gonna wanna be my best friend, baby

I read the tweet again, and my heart was racing, why did a stupid tweet make me so excited? I quickly tapped on the small heart and scrolled down on his Twitter. I quickly fell down the rabbit hole that was Minecraft YouTubers. I started by liking tweets, and then it went to youtube videos, and before I had even realized it, it was 3 am. I turned off my phone and plugged it in, going to bed.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of something shattering. I quickly rushed out of my

bedroom to see Ellie picking up the shards of a plate. I groaned and rubbed my eyes.

"Oh sorry did I wake you up?" she said lifting her head up from the shards

"Yeah it's fine though, I needed to get up anyway," I said grabbing the broom "How exactly did you break this plate?"

"I dropped it," She said, and I rolled my eyes. "It's fine, I can get a new one today when we go shopping."

"Oh yeah!" I exclaimed. I totally forgot about that, and I was excited to hang out with Ellie this weekend. "When do you want to leave, I still need to get ready and stuff."

"Maybe we can leave in like an hour?"

"Okay sounds great, I'm gonna get ready okay?" I headed back to my room and opened up my closet. I grabbed a simple white tee with some flowers on it and a pair of jean shorts. I placed the clothes on the counter in the bathroom and hopped in the shower.

After taking a shower and getting dressed, I put on some makeup and grabbed a small purple purse that was hanging on my bedpost, and sat down on the couch next to Ellie.

"I'm all ready! Should we head out early, I could go for a coffee right about now." I said, pulling my phone out of my pocket. "I think that most of the good stores don't open until 11, so maybe we can grab something to eat?"

"Yeah that sounds good, I'm fine with whatever you want to do, I'm just happy I get to spend time with you," Ellie said.

"Why don't we go for some food and then head over to the mall and maybe we can catch a movie later today."

"Sounds good!" she said standing up. She grabbed my hand. "Let's get going."

We got in the car and drove to one of Ellie and I's favorite brunch restaurants, and I made a mental note to take Clay here at some point. We sat down and ordered, I got some waffles, and Ellie got an omelet. We started talking about life and what was happening at work and other stuff. Even though we were roommates, Ellie worked a lot, so we didn't always get to spend time together.

Ellie was a couple of years older than me, she was 25, and she graduated nursing school last year, so she was working at the hospital a lot. I've known Ellie for a long time, she was a close family friend, and one of my first friends I had when I moved to Florida. I had gotten really close with her as we had gotten older. She was almost like my sister. I loved Ellie, and when I got kicked out of my dorm second semester of freshman year, she welcomed me with open arms to her apartment, and I've been living with her ever since. I was so grateful to have her as my best friend.

Our food finally came, and I dug into my waffles, I was hungry. "So how is your love life going el?" I asked in between bites.

"I mean I like someone, but from what I've heard they are seeing someone so I'm not sure."

"Ooooh, Elliieeee liiiiikessss soooomeoooneeee" I grinned at her "Why don't you just ask them. It can't be that bad, right? If they are seeing someone, then they are seeing someone, but otherwise, you have better chances to get with them right?"

"I mean yeah I guess that's true, I just don't want to ruin my friendship with her already, you know?" She said pushing around her food.

"Ellie has friends besides me?!" I said sarcastically, "I'm offended, but Ellie you know I'll always be here for you right? I mean how much do you like her?"