Chapter 13

Kay's head darted from side to side, trying to disquish where he was.

There Kay was, angry, and losing control. And now, he was soaked.

The dark gray sky roared with thunder as it dispensed small pellets of water with lightning speed. The clouds showed no intention of leaving.

Kay shivered as he walk. How did this happen? One moment he was walking with his family, now he was lost. Stifling a cough, he continued to trudge through across the mountain side. The rocky ground had become mud ridden and his shirt clung to his back.

He was cold, tired and wet. Not to mention alone. The rain pelted the ground so fast and the storm was so terrible, he'd be lucky see past his nose.

The hours he spent walking through mountain side felt like ages. His strength was long forgotten and misfortune was not finished with him.

Well, this was fantastic. If Kay didn't die of starvation, the elements or anything else, he'd die of the fever he'd retract from this weather.

There was still hope though. If he could get to the city, he could catch up with them if they made it. If not, Kay could start a new life. Realizing with dread Kay didn't have his coin purse. Well, he'd live in the wilderness.

The sound of the rain hitting the ground was the only thing he could hear of than the occasional roar of thunder.

Darting his head side to side, Kay was too blinded by the rain to see anything.

Suddenly, Kay saw a flash of light. The light was blinding. And with such strength, the force of something unseen pushed him back. The force was so strong, as it propelled him back.

As he hit the floor, he held his head, dazed. Feeling steering pain, Kay let out a silent scream. The pain felt as if something had burned. Blood pooled in Kay mouth as it slow spilled down the side of his mouth. He was so cold. Cold. And tired. Inside his chest, he felt his heart begin to pump faster and faster. And then it stopped.

He smiled. He felt warm.

Then cold.

************************************

With clenched teeth, Kay pointed an elongated claw the woman.

"Go to hell," he said angry. He wasn't going to leave. He was going to stay here forever. Damn this children he'd used as his tether.

The woman showed no anger or any sign of reacting to his words. He was scared. He couldn't take her. He knew that. He may be bold enough to defi his own mother. The Goddess of the Moon, but he was smart enough to know when he witnessed someone above his level. And there was only one.