Chapter 4

Closing the door behind him, leaving the frosty  winter land of the outside, he entered the  comfortableness of his home. In a few months, spring would come, the beautiful gem-like flowers would blossom, the birds would return to create their homes and the woodland creature would wake from their slumber. The smell of flowers would waft in to the air. Walking down the narrow hallway, Kay headed toward his room, tired from his latest hunt. Opening the door, Kay drops his pack at the door a lies on the bed, calm. He closes his eyes, tired. The small room was filled with silence; he could hear nothing but the fire that crackled in the next room.

Suddenly Kay opening his eyes and pulled himself up from the bed lazily. Rubbing his tired eyes, got up and walked towards his desk. Noisily, he looked through the mess to find a large black bound book.

With the book in hand, Kay makes his way to his deal chair. Propping his feet onto the clutter-ridden desk, he clumsily thumbed through the pages of the book. Finally he came to a page began to study it.

The black bound book as it turned out was a textbook for studying archery. At the small schoolhouse of the quaint town of Stone heart, donated and operated by the pack, had had numerous classes students could pick  to receive specialized training for the occupation they wished to have after the school. While many of the young boys of the town had decided to stay in their oh so small area of what they know. Kay on the other hand, had reached out for something that would get him out of the town and help him broaden his small horizon. And what did he want do?

He wanted to become an archer in the King's Army.

Grabbing the bow that laid by his side, Kay brought closer to inspect it. The recurved bow's limbs held a smooth  wooden texture, and the riser did the very same.

Keeping his eyes on the book, Kay began the careful task of removing the bowstring from the bow.

Taking out a small metal chest, openning it to reveal more string much like the one he held in his hand. Placing the string into the box, he shut it.

Rising from his chair, Kay sharply turned to meet ocean blue irises.

"What are you doing here?" Kay said, speaking in a calm voice. His sister stood, silent. Clearing his throat, his brother stepped up to answer," Oh, we've been hoping to find you." Sitting down onto his chair, Kay nodded before going back to studying the contents of the book.

He had spent the majority of that morning doing his chores. Baking bread, paying the local farm for the wheat needed for bread had been exhausting. He was swarmed with work.

" Kay, we need to talk."

Kay turned around, eyebrow raised.

"And what would that be about?"

" It about who will take over the bakery."

Kay smiled, and said gesturing to his two sibling " don't worry about it geez." He continued "I won't need the company, as soon as its legal, I'm applying for the military!"

Instead of seeing happy faces and relieved looks from the two, he saw worry. Turning his head to meet Kay's violaceous irises clouded with curiosity, James spoke up. "No it not that, in fact this is a good thing."

Featuring Kay's sister, he spoke,"Martha and I have decided that you should take the business."

Kay was stunned. " But what about you?"

James sighed. "I've been accepted into Gohgel College of Military Activity." James said looking down at the floor.

Frantically turning his head at his siblings, he narrowed his eyes. He spoke, his voice  suspicious "You never told me. When were you going to tell me."

Bloodstained Masksजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें