Chapter 8

Hey guy! Sup. Anyways, I've just reach 500 views and all I wanted to say is I owe all to you readers. Thank you for taking your time to read this book and to those who also to the time vote for these chapters, thanks.

Also I'll be editing my book

So without farther ado, let's read shall we? :)

----------------------------------------------------------

The bright sunlight shone through the town, people meeting the warm glow smiling as the ages of the cold thawed and melted. Children giggled and laughed, parents sat in the sun and remanised in the past and love birds lost the worries of the future and thought only of them now in the sungoldened valley.

And Kay sat in the tavern at a table, alone to avoid the sun as if it would burn him. The table, covered with food, had cost Kay a small fortune. After all, he wasn't eating to fill himself, but to past time. The table was covered with an assortment of food and drink, baked potatoes, a loaf of cold bread to be dipped in the chicken stew, rum and more. He had decided to skip out on family dinner when his father suggested they have a picnic. He swore that once people got a smell of the delicious meat filled bread, they'd all want one. That was all it was. Not a family meal but a business opportunity.

And why not, right? That was all his father cared about, the business. That was all he talked about. Sometimes Kay simply wondered if his father had children to simply accimadate the store. That's why he left, he simply couldn't look at them right now.

Kay scowled, before dipping a small morsel of the tough loaf into the stew, almost softening it instantly.

His mouth full, Kay looked around. The usually full and busy place was almost empty except a few people drinking and playing darts. Most people were outside enjoying the first sun they had had for awhile.

Returning to his meal, Kay saw a flash of auburn hair, enter the tavern. Turning his head, Kay saw her.

Remona, the bane of his existence, was the head that wore that hair. Entering the with Jason, they found it easy to find a vacant table. Scowling, Kay returned to eating.

Loud laughter could be heard from across the empty tavern. Kay ignored the annoying sound of the laughter. And yet it didn't stop. It came in waves, drupting the peace of the silent building.

Turning his head, Kay could see, the two laughing and talking as a server came to the table to receive their order. The  girl kissed Jason on the cheek affectionately after the server had left. Just as Kay was about to turn his head, he saw the two meet over the table to exchange words as Jason whispered something into her ear as he looked directly at Kay. He stared at him provacatively as he uttered the words in her ears, as if he was trying to show what he had that Kay would never have. As if Jason had told her he was looking at him, Remona turned to him with a confident smirk, and winked at Kay.

Kay simply scowled at her before turning away.

"To think a couple years ago, we called them both friends," Jonas said, leaning against the wall near him. Kay jumped. He hadn't heard Jonas walk. "Now, they just lord their relationship over us," Jonas continued "I don't understand. I myself, don't give a damn about that."

Kay simply shook his head. Jonas didn't understand. And maybe he never would.

But that's just how the world spins.

Acting indifferently, Kay calmly stated "We've lost them,"

No longer hungry, Kay rose from the table in which he sat. Calmly, placing the amount owed for the food on the table, Kay left the tavern.

Kay squinted and shielded his eyes from the bright light that shined upon him. The golden stream of light disoriented him. Shaking his head, Kay left the entrance way of the tavern and began to make his down to the Forrest. Unlike most people, did not enjoy the heat of the sun, burning his cool pale skin.

Bloodstained Masksजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें