Funhouse

The next morning in the dining hall, Nagito spoke up.

"I bet a new island has opened again. Should we check it out? We might find some clues as to what's going on or how we can leave this place."

"No, I think that's a bad idea. The murders always happen once we discover a new island." Kazuichi said.

"But I don't think someone would kill again!"

"What makes you think it'll be different this time?"

"I know it's childish, but I don't have a reason to think the way I do. I just... don't want to believe someone would kill again, 'cause if I do... I'll just give into despair, like Monokuma wants me to. I can't let that happen! I won't give up just yet, I know everyone who's left will survive! We can and will survive if we work together! No matter the new motive, we'll just discuss our honest feelings about it and see what we can do to prevent a murder! I had planned to try my best to prevent the last murder, but since I was sick, I couldn't do anything... I was useless and I don't like that. I can't let that happen again! You guys don't want anyone else to die either, right?"

He explained.

"He's right! If we all work together, we can survive this killing game!" I said.

"It seems you mortals have finally become motivated to survive. Kehehe... Very well then, I will survive alongside you." Gundham laughed.

"Nagito is correct! We cannot give up just yet!"

Once we'd finished eating, we went to check out the new island.

It was a big amusement park, honestly kind of calming to have something like that in a situation like this. We decided to meet up at the Rollercoaster once we had finished looking around.

"We don't have to discuss what we found, right? I mean, we all checked it out." Nagito said.

"That's right. Uhm, why'd we meet up at the Rollercoaster anyway?" I asked.

"'Cause it's fun, you'll get a reward if you ride it!" Monkuma explained.

"A reward? What kind of reward?" Nagito raised an eyebrow.
"A file. You'll find out more about Hope's Peak! If you're really clever, you can even figure out what's going on here."

"We need to ride the Rollercoaster then!" Said Chiaki.

Everyone had already settled in, while Nekomaru was still dragging Kazuichi towards one of the seats.

In all honesty, the ride was fun, even if Monokuma built this thing. I looked around at the others a bit and Nagito caught my attention. He was smiling brightly, laughing a bit while his eyes were closed. His hands were grasping the seat of the Rollercoaster tightly, as if he was trying to make sure he won't fall out.

It was nice to see him so happy.

He looked... cute.

When we were done, Monokuma gave Nagito a file and he immediately opened it. We leaned over his shoulders to read what it said.

"There was a killing game before this one?" Nagito questioned, but quickly noticed, that Monokuma was already gone.

"Is that... Byakuya?" I pointed to a picture of a person, who looked oddly similar to him, just thinner. "Why would he take part in another killing game?"

"Are you sure he did it 'cause he wanted to?" Kazuichi asked. "I mean, I didn't ask to be here either, maybe the dude was just extremely unlucky, you know?"

"I guess that could be it too. I doubt anyone would want to go through this out of their own free will."

"So... those guys were the survivors?" Nagito pointed to a page filled with pictures of people.