Chapter 1

The pups and Ryder rush thru town, a storm was coming. 

They were helping people to the town hall. Evacuating people from their homes. Rushing as fast as they could. Skye looked up to the sky, a horrible storm cloud near the small, but adventurous town.  They all rush around the streets, checking if there were any other people. 

They drove fast, but safely. The drove around the house areas. They checked the abandoned Apartment building and houses. It was quiet. 

The grey clouds came closer and closer, nearing the town. 

"Ryder, the streets are clear. We're heading back now." Chase said, thru his pup tag. The helicopter flew over him, staying at the same pace. They drove and flew fast, trying to get back to the town hall. 

Skye looked over the bay, it was already at the town, the rain hit hard, and hail damaged hard. They could see lighting strikes in the cloud. They went as fast as they could. 

"Come on!" Chase said in frustration. The helicopter could go way faster then the car, but the Cockapoo decided not to let Chase alone. "Skye, you could get back safely, you need to go." Chase said, pointing to the cloud nearing them. They couldn't make it back to the town hall.

"No, I am not leaving you." Skye argued back. "Skye, there is no option for this. Get back to the Town hall. Immediately." Chase said, sternly and clearly. She kept shaking her head. "As the teams second in command, I need for you, and command you to get back to the Town hall." Chase said, stopping his curier and looking up to the helicopter. 

"I'm NOT leaving you." Skye said, looking down at Chase. He looked to the Cloud, nearing them. The cloud of dark fog covered half of the town. 

"Skye, you still have a chance. I can't make it. I need to know that you would be safe." Chase said, in a stern voice. "Well I do too." Skye said, the cloud came closer and closer to them. The rain hit them hard, as well as the hail.

Their pup tags lit up. Skye kept her helicopter in the sky, not being able to land it. They could see lighting lighting up the cloud of fog they were in. both their pup tags beeped. 

"Chase, Skye. Where in the WORLD are you!?" Ryder said, thru his pup pad. "Ryder, we can't make it." Skye said, Ryder shook his head. "No, you guys need to come back." Ryder said, looking down at the pup pad. 

Chase looked up to her helicopter, barely recognizable in the thick fog. Ryder kept talking but it was all muffled, due to the loud sounds in the fog. Chase covered his eyes with his arm, Rain hit hard against him. 

Connection was then lost with their owner. "Ryder?" Skye said, tapping her pup pad, blacked out. "We lost connection." Chase called out. Skye kept looking around, lighting filled the cloud. She was petrified. 

"Chase, I need to land." Skye said, calling back out to him. She looked at her blades, still chopping the air and fog. "How will you do that though!?" Chase asked, his arm still covering him. 

Skye didn't have an answer, she slowly lowered her helicopter, the blades turned off, it slowly lowered to the ground. A strong gust of wind came, almost throwing her off course. 

Her heart was beating out of control. She quickly gained control back, she landed her helicopter. She jumped out and was almost blown away from the wind. "These winds are hard!" She called out. 

She walked over to the, not so visible, Chase. She put her paw over her eyes, covering herself. "What do we do now?" Skye asked, looking at the Shepherd. Chase looked back down at her and frowned. "You should of left when you had the chance." Chase said, looking down at her. 

Skye looked back up at him and smiled. "I was not going to leave you out in this mess by yourself." Skye said, nudging him slightly. She was pushed by a gust, losing grip of herself. 

She grabbed hold of the cement, struggling to get back up. "Skye!" Chase called out to her, he rushed over and pulled her up. He gripped her tight, not letting go. 

"Like I said, You should of left when you had the Chance." Chase said, walking back to his Cruiser with her in his grasp. "And Like I said before, I was not going to leave you out here by yourself." Skye said, walking with him. 

They put their backs against the cruiser, getting protection of the wind. "At least now you know I would fly away." Skye said, looking up to the Shepherd. He rolled his eyes and kept looking around. 

Lighting strikes came around them. Skye yipped in fear, quietly, every strike. Chase held her close, in a hope of comforting her. "I'm surprised there's no hurricane." Skye said, trying to be optimistic. 

More Lightning strikes filled the air, she held onto him, tight. "All we need to do is wait this out." Chase said, holding onto her. Skye could feel his heart pumping hard, he was scared too.