chapter twenty-nine (kaz)

Kaz had never thought he'd possibly be able to be in a relationship with Inej. In fact, she was the first girl he'd ever dated, the first girl he'd ever felt such strong feelings for. He knew it was the tattoos.

//a/n: did i completely forget to mention the tattoos in the past chapters?? yes...//

"Kaz?" Inej knocked on his door.

"Come in," He replied, clicking 'send' on an email.

"What are you working on?" She asked.

"I was working on some emails, but I'm done with those now." He replied, closing his laptop and placing it on his bedside table.

Inej laid her head on his shoulder, entangling her hand with his. "Can I see your arm?" She suddenly asked, interrupting the comfortable silence.

Kaz rolled up his sleeve, revealing the tattoo that he'd chosen to ignore up until around a month before.

Inej lightly touched his forearm, "Dirtyhands." She spoke quietly, watching as the writing glowed in response. A smile formed on her face.

"May I?" Kaz motioned to her arm. 

She nodded, rolling up her sleeve. His bright expression faded. He had known what it said, but he'd chosen to ignore it until now.

Investment

"Shit. Inej, I am so sorry, that's going to be on you forever." Kaz traced the letters with his finger.

"Kaz, it's alright, I can think of it as a reminder of how far we've come. Now, say it."

"Investment," his voice was a whisper, but the word shone bright.

"The universe says so, you're stuck with me for eternity."

"I don't mind."

//a/n: sorry for the short chap, epilogue is gonna happen soon//