chapter nine (jesper)

"So, you wanna aim it at the target, like this, and shoot." Jesper readjusted Wylan's hands on the revolver.

Wylan nodded, his face was glowing pink, letting a shot fire at the target, which Jesper had placed near the side of the boat, on a stick that extended it high up so that the boat wouldn't be shot. The bullet whizzed above the target and fell in the water, Wylan grimaced, "Oops."

"That's alright, try again." Jesper handed him a bullet, and Wylan successfully reloaded the gun, as Jesper had taught him minutes before.

Wylan pointed at the target again and shot, surprising both Jesper and himself when it hit it perfectly.

"Nice," Jesper grinned.

"Thanks, Jes," Wylan replied, his eyes scanning Jesper's arm, where the tattoo would be.

Jesper noticed this, and looked down to see the barest bit of glow through his thick jacket sleeve. It was rare Jesper got flustered. He awkwardly rubbed his arm, "I gotta go."

Wylan seemed confused, as there wasn't much to do on the ship, but he nodded. "Bye, thanks for your help."

~~~

"Nina? How's Ine- oh, you're awake. How are you?" Jesper said, seeing Inej sitting up, talking with Nina.

"Jes, I'm doing well, I do have to say, I am tired. You?"

"I finally taught Wylan how to shoot. And no, the boat was not damaged in the process."

Inej laughed slightly, before wincing in pain, "For now, neither of you can make me laugh, because that hurt real bad."

"Jesper, do you know when we're getting this guy that we were hired to torture?" Nina asked.

"I know he lives near the Arctic, I believe he lives in Russia or something." Jesper shrugged.

"Where are we now?" Inej added.

"I have no clue."

//was this a filler chapter? yes
deal with it//