Ch. 20 Calm Before the Storm

The sun rose and light sounds of chirping and rustles were heard from afar. It was around spring when I got up from my futon as I felt Inosuke’s arms over my waist as normally and his head over mine hugging me close.

I hummed as I pushed his hands off as I felt a bile pushing is way up my throat I pressed my lips over each other and my hands too as I ran to the bathroom and found a bucked and gagged in it. Feelling the meal of the night before.

I started crying as the feeling of disgust over came me. My cried were small and almost unknown as Inosuke came to the bathroom his hand rubbing his closed eye.

His hair was now longer than when he had cut it into an undercut after the war. It now was past his shoulders. He only wore a pair of crushers and his chest was bare, making me see his scarred chest and abdomen.

He kneeled down pulling my hair off my face as more bile made its way up and I gagged again. More tears came as I vomit.

I stopped and he whipped my lips with a napkin the rest of the saliva and vomit that was on my chin.

“are you sick?” he asked, demons rarely got sick, but since I was a half-demon – even if father gave me the rest of his blood – it was normal to bet sick and all that. I barely got sick when I was young until now that I felt hot and vomited.

A few hours later Kanao came together with Aoi, and they came to a conclusion that made me cry of happiness.

“Congratulations,” Aoi said as she whipped her hands, “you’re pregnant!” she smiled happily.

Tears of joy filled my eyes as I smiled widely. I was finally a mother, placing my hand on my belly I thought: ‘I will be the best mother for them and little Konoha’, like than me and Inosuke were careful.

The news spread in the organization of the leader being pregnant with a baby, that was almost impossible since I was a demon.

***

After a while the groups of the Kinoe rank came back with the news of the demons suddenly moving in other lands in Asia. Most even having families but later on devouring them. It was like a game, it made my grind my canines.

I then sent a few Hashiras to see and exterminate the most they could and see if there was a corps maybe there.

Much to my displeasure there wasn’t any.

And like that nine months passed. And damn it was painful, I hurt as hell. But I didn’t worry since I could regenerate afterwards if I ripped a bit.

We were in a hospital in Tokyo – I was in so much paiiiiin!

After three hours in labor I gave birth to a girl, she was wailing loud as heck but I already loved her, she had already gained my love and affection. Konoha entered and beamed in happiness as she looked at the baby that lay in Inosuke’s arm now sleeping.

Inosuke and I decided into calling her Kotoha, the name that once belonged to his mother. And I accepted after all the child was a beauty and the named matched her.

“Kotoha, her name will be Hashibira Kotoha.” He said as he kissed the newborns forehead.

Like that my first born came, I treated all of my children the same, all were loved and treated equally.

***

Little Kotoha was hype and loved seeing the daily trainings that happened in the estate with Inosuke’s Tsugoku, Shoya, who was also Nezuko’s eldest twin. He had red-golden eyes and raven hair that faided in an orange hoe.

When she turned two she tried grabbing a wooden sword to play with whenever Konoha left it somewhere in her range.

Konoha trained Beast Breathing as she also wanted to remake Love Breathing after hearing of Mitsuri from Kyojuro’s lips. She was Kyojuro’s student, but not Tsugoku.

I then gave birth to my second born and only boy, Yorichii, I choose the name since it reminded me of Michikatsu. When he first opened his eyes I saw a color of bright plum red eyes that resembled my father’s.

The child was rather silent after his little tantrum when I gave birth to him. Inosuke was in joy when he saw the boy in his arms. He hugged the boy as Kotoha and Konoha were amazed and happy of having a younger brother.

A few months later it all changed cause Inosuke went out on a mission and we were alone with a few kakushi who had a night shift. Demons rarely wandered around the area.

I was in the halls wandering with Kotoha – who was two – was in my arms sleeping, her small snors together with the light tapping of my shoes echoed in the silent manor we lived in.

But the silence vanished when a male kakushi ran towards me with worry in his dark eyes and he bowed before saying.

“Master!” he gasped for air, “we caught a demon in the back yard! He must be powerful that he passed the wisterias!”

My eyes narrowed and I rushed off with the little girl in my arms and I grasped my Nichirin blade I didn’t grasp in years after I turned into the master of the organization.

I ran to the backyard and heard huffing and laughter – one filled with malice. I opened the shoji door seeing him. He turned to me with a rather disturbing smile.

“oh!” he cooed, “I didn’t think that ‘master’ of the Demon slayer Corps was so young! You even have a child!” I saw blood on his lips and hands, the demon was also melting from the wisteria scent that lingered around the manor.

If I don’t leave the platform in on he won’t attack me, but then again, my kakuchi were also in danger.

I placed Kotoha down on the platform and tucked a wisteria flower on her hair carefully not to wake her up. I stood up holding the blade before me. His aura wasn’t as strong as I thought. But his blood demon art . . . was something new.

I used the first modified form and teleported behind him  cutting his head in a fast reflex.

“you are weak,” I complained scratching the side of my head in annoyance.

I then realized my body felt light, I looked at my hands seeing them glow suddenly. Kotoha was already awake and I realized that when her light cry of ‘Mommy!’ was heard from where she stood.

Her small legs ran as she got to me hugging me, her body also started to glow as be fainted slowly. I yelled at the kakuchi to take care of the place while I was gone.

*poof*