Ch. 9 Tengen's Façade

It has been a few months passed and I was taking a bath in the small hot spring I had as I scrubbed my arms taking the dry blood and dirt I may have. My hair was wet as it swayed in the warm water. Then the shoji door opened as I turned to see Sarada there as she placed my clothes on a table on the wooden platform.

“is the water hot enough?” she asked kindly as she arranged the things I had. Then someone opened the door again panting I almost thought it was a shameless man.

But it was just Miku. “my Lady! A man named Uzui Tengen a ‘god’ came to see you. He said it’s urgent.” It almost made me face-palm and told her to let him but to let him wait at my office as I changed.

She left and so I dried myself and changed into a light green kimono with black stripes on it and used a towel to dry my hair as I headed to the room.
The kids ran around giggling as they passed me. Making me smile.

I entered the office and saw him sitting on a chair I wore his uniform but looked rather tense. “are you okay?”

He turned to me as his dark pink eyes were filled with worry as I sat down across from him.

He looked down as his lap as he played with his fingers, “you see,” he paused, “I need your help.”

I rose a brow, “about?” I pushed him to answer.

“I need to help you search for my wives that haven’t contacted me,” he explained, “and they went to investigate a demon there.”

Judging by his aura and tone he was desperate for my help, but he also knew I refused to tag along any other slayers, I normally preferred taking things solo. But I was very fond of his brides, surely Makio.

He saw how my face was blank so he fell from his seat and crouched before me bowing until his forehead touched the wooden floor begging.

Woah, a man that called himself the god of festivities bowed before me? I knew that meant that he was serious and very worried.

I kneeled down and pat his head, “fine,” I breathe out, “but I will do it just because I am fond of your wives. And swear that everything you see and hear in the mission will stay between us and whoever who goes with you.”

He nodded not thinking twice before I escorted him out.

***

I calmly walked down the road to see how Kyojuro was doing with his eye and also wanted to see Nezuko seeing that her cells had gotten stronger even if she gained strength only by sleeping.

I wore my uniform and my wavy silver hair was down my back and my blade hit my thigh as I walked towards the door. But then I could hear shouting and saw Uzui crouched on the wooden fence as he held Aoi over his shoulder.

Her blue eyes were wide and scared.

I heard the conversation of him wanting to take her to Red Light district making me feel angry.

“THE HELL YOU MEAN?!”

God Uzui freaking Tengen I will murder you one day. I jumped as I grabbed the girl from him and landed on the ground as she trembled in my arms.

I glared at him making him shiver, “you are not taking her Uzui Tengen, she may be a slayer but she has her own mind to decide rather or not she would go!” plus I was already going.

But then Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu were going too.

He hid his scared expression with his cocky one and smiled, “well, she has the uniform of the corps on why wouldn’t she go? It’s a way to be flamboyant!”

I tilled my head with a glare making him shut once more.

***

We were leaving the next day so I sent my crow to tell Miku and Sarada take care of things.

I pated his head as he slept on my chest once more, his soft blonde hair was messy as usually, his eyes was covered by an eye-patch due to him loosing it. He was thinking to retire of the corps his father stopped drinking after I scolded him.

“Kitsuki,” I looked at y chest where his head was as he smiled at me, “how long will you be away?”

He rarely was so clingy, but I shrugged it off. I thought it happened after the fight with Akaza affected his mind, it made him feel traumatized, he was at the edge of deaths door and I saved him before he could die.

If it wasn’t for my del with Master I would’ve saved many of the Formers including Kanae. After all I knew that in my blood I couldn’t only make a human into a demon, I could also heal a person and restore energy when I inject my blood in them.

Master didn’t want any problems to rise between the next Hashiras and I. so he didn’t only give me a new name, he also promised me he would keep my secret and the Formers did too. In exchange I couldn’t use my blood to raise suspicion between us.

I tried to heal Master many times even if he rejected the idea, but the curse he had never rose, it stayed the same. After all his was a far family member.

“I am not sure,” I said as I stroked his hair lovingly, “maybe two weeks? I will keep you updated on how long I could take, but I feel that there would be an Upper Moon there.”

His lips quivered a bit as I could see his eyes were scared, after all his all happy façade was no more when before me. I kissed his forehead as I let him try to sleep.

There was a time I was deep in love with him, but I knew that he focused on slaying demons so I gave up on him. Even now that I showed him so much affection and skin contact I didn’t feel that towards him anymore.

I knew that I started to feel something towards Inosuke, judging by my constant eying and blushing I had towards him.