Ch. 12 Decisions (Ark 1: Before The End)

The sky was dark as the stars shone over us and the wind passed me making me shiver. But my glare didn’t fall even a bit.

Her red eyes bored into mine as I got out the once warm hot spring as I stared at her with a thin towel covering my body. She talked to me and held me back together with sensei not letting me leave to aid the other slayers that were against Hantengu and Gyokko.

It made me angry, I growled as I changed to my uniform before their very eyes not caring, plus I couldn’t do anything without my blade. And I knew Hinezuga didn’t finished it yet making me frown.

“Let me go damn it!” I yelled at Kokushibo that tossed me back again breaking my arm off. I growled as I saw him eat the arm of another woman off as my sister took the other and munched it like it was a chicken wing.

I regenerated my arm back as I growled. I then surrendered, “what do you want?” I sat down on a rock waiting for their answer as I winced at the sound of cried of the villagers that were suffering at the hands of the two Upper Moons.

Mizuki shook her head as she grumbled the answer: “leave them and come back to us, after all you can’t live by yourself with humans!” she clenched her fist as a vein popped on her forehead.

I flashed my fangs as I growled back: “hell no! Father agreed to me leaving his wings after I turned seven, and you? You lived under his’ for a thousand years and turning a blind eye to reality!”

She also was part human, but since she was father’s first born she always ignored it she sadly ate humans like any normal demons and it made me angrier. She was ignorant and I hated her for that. I didn’t care if she was part human or anything, I had to get a chance to slay her.

She placed a hand on her head, “you know what, Kokushibo, let’s go.” She turned her body away as a familiar sound of a Biwa came and they vanished. Making me sigh in relieve.

But I then started running towards the village again and grabbed a random sword as I changed to blood red making me grin. I sensed that Mitsuri, Genya, Tanjiro and Nezuko were against Hantengu while Muichiro was alone.

So I ran to Muichiro as I gripped the handle of the sword as I used the first form: Evening Palace and cut his neck off while Muichiro was gasping for air.

There were spikes on his cheeks making me panic, I ran over to him as Gyokko was in disbelief seeing his Young Mistress helping a boy.

“are you okay?!” I grasped his cheeks as the spikes were taken off by my other hand tossing them away his cheeks weren't so bad.

But to my surprise for the first time he smiled with his eyes closed, the Demon slayer marks vanished from his cheeks too.

The sun started to slowly rise as we headed over to the other group. Muichiro looked rather happy and not so dull, making me smile. Suddenly I felt one more presence in my head and I felt power enter my blood. I started to get worried.

What was happening?

I shrugged it off as I continued walking with him out of the forest into the village where most were wounded or dead.

Muichiro was looking at the chaos before him and then I saw Nezuko burning up as Tanjiro was far away. I ran over to her and saw how she slowly stopped burning and started to regenerate. I smiled again.

I whispered to her, “Thank goodness. I guess the blood did help, huh.” Then I helped her up as Muichiro was shocked onto seeing the demon-girl walking in the sun.

When Tanjiro saw her and cried s he fell to his knees and again I felt relieved to see all of them alive and well, now Nezuko could be human faster.

Did he still want her to turn human? I guess so, I could as Gyomei for help for that, my sister would refuse to give me a drop of hers since we hated each other, and I couldn’t force her since Douma and Kokushibo are always around her.

I had to give my blood.

Mitsuri ran over ad hugged us as tears streamed her eyes as she cried, “I didn’t lose any of you, waaa! I thought you died Kitsuki!” she pressed her cheek over mine as she continued; “I prayed that I didn’t lose any of you!”

I smiled even if deep down I knew that something bad was going to start soon.

So I made my mind, I will give Shinobu my blood to let her finish healing Nezuko fully even if she already is part human due to my blood in hers.

After the Kakushi came and took care of everyone one of them came with Aoi and checked me too. Well master made a rule for me took have me checked out every few months after fighting a few missions since I knew Breathing Techniques from an unnatural young age and maybe could affect my loungs.

It didn’t help that I was a hybrid. So Aoi did a full checkup and then nodded with her frown that made her look adorable, “your good to go, no poison or anything.” I got up nodding.

“thank you Kanzaki-San.” Then my swords smith came with his usual frown but I calmed down as he handed me the sword.

He then saw the chipped sword in my hands making him growl, “who’s sword is that?” he asked calmly as he handed me the scythe and blade that he had.

He never liked other people to take their clients of so I knew it was pure jealousy but I smiled saying that it was urgent and I took a random sword I found. And that his swords were the best and that I loved his’ only.

I was worried for his lost eye and I frowned placing a hand on my cheek making him freeze, “are you okay?” the blood still was there evident since the fight was still there, but he just nodded.

~~~

This is the ending of ark 1: Before the End.
Ark 2: The End
Ark 3: After the End