Ch. 19 Hashira Meeting (Ark 3 Beginning: After The End

The yearly Hashira meeting started as I sat down with little Konoha in my arms as she slept silently, Inosuke and the other Hashiras were bowing before me showing their respect towards me as I smiled.

Then they sat down as we officially started.

We lost two demons slayer, they just retired due to pregnancy; Nezuko and Kanao. The rest were alive and well.

“Master,” I saw Wasaka the Wind Hashira, “we have a problem that I have already explained in my messages.” He could now speak since his vocal cords that were wounded healed, “I have heard rumors that in big cities have gotten crowded these days.”

When someone that didn’t know of demons heard him they would’ve been confused, but I understood, the more crowded the place was, the easier it was to attract someone away or even kidnap a marechi.

“I went to Bangkok Korea and I sensed a few Demons there too!” I heard Genya yell from his place beside Tanjiro, “due to how the transportations modernizing now it’s sunproof! They could easily move from a place to the other.” He finished as I wrote down what they said.

In the thousand years father was in charge a demon never left Japan, but now they weren't in no ones control.
I silently grunted as Zenitsu started his part with a dull tone, “why are the demons even duplicating? Did demons find out how t make human to one?” he played with his long golden locks as a shadow covered his eyes.

“Let’s hope not! cause that wound be worse than anything else! After all, we don’t know if Demon slayers even exist outside of Japan!” Tanjiro exclaimed with a smile. He took Kyojuro’s personality after all. But he was as always logical at certain things.

“I will let a few Kinoe ranked Slayers investigate as China and Korea, for now.” I smiled, “while you, will check out at big cities like Tokyo and other cities to check out the situation.”

Like that they were dismissed, all went to their Estate but Tanjiro stayed back, his wine eyes met mine and came towards me. His hair was long and in a high ponytail, he was better than the future that was shown.

In the future that I saw he was going to die soon after all he was blind at one eye and lost an arm, but the temporary demon cells kept him alive. But now both his arms were there and he got his view on an eye.

Kanao’s eye couldn’t heal sadly since it was caused by the Flower’s final form. I tried so many times but the demon cells rejected her blood. Maybe she didn’t want to either. So I didn’t force her.

“something’s wrong Tanjiro?” I asked as he sat down across from me.

I light yawn came from Konoha, she was now two years old and was still very attached to me thinking I was her mother, after all she was just a few days old when the demon killed her mother.

Tanjiro chuckled, “well I just wanted to know how you have been, after all it’s been a year since we have had a one-on-one talk, Master.” He scratched the back on his head awkwardly.

I smiled as the child got up and waved by running down the hall towards her room, “no need to be formal, as you said, a one-on-one, we have also been friends too, so chill.” She used the tone she heard teens use a bit.

“o—okay, I was going to visit the graveyard,” I nodded, “and I saw, I saw Sanemi.”

My eyes widened, Sanemi died a few years ago a few weeks after my marriage, and is till couldn’t forget him. Even if we weren't besties, we were friends, and colleges. He must've hallucinated, after all I also saw weird things some times.

My lips quivered, “I must've been your idea.”

***

I walked to the graveyard a few minutes away from my Estate where the former Demons Slayers and the Ubuyashiki family rested. Many familiar names were there, woman and males, adults teens and even children.

I sat before the grave of none other than Shinobu and Kanae. Sadly the grave of Shinobu didn’t have a body inside die to Douma absorbing it. I just stared at the names that were crafted over the stone. I then got up after a while.

I walked more and got to a very old grave, it laid at the very back, the stone was now dull and plants over grew over it, the grave dedicated to none other than Tsugikuni Yorichii. I started yanking the overgrown plants and leaves from it and washed it.

It was far from the other slayers from his era, far from Minjuro and the others, after all he was brother of a traitor. I was thankful to the Master of that era that let him live in place of let him commit suicide.

“what are you doing here?” I heard from behind me the voice of Kyojuro.

I turned my head seeing him, his blonde hair was now longer than before in a ponytail, under his eyes were bangs and looked rather tired.

“do you even sleep?” I ask him as I got up as I poured sake for Yorichii and turned towards the former Flame Hashira, “you look like a mess.”

That was something most liked of me, I was straight forward – most times – and helped then on what I said.  I silently muttered that his glare was a copy of his father’s as I got up to him and brushed his hair from his face.

“I saw you here when I went to see father’s grave,” he said silently as he dropped his head down, “I miss him.”
He cried silently as I hugged him close comforting him, it wasn’t the first time I comforted the Hashira, former or current, I will be their comfort until the end of time. I will do what my sister didn’t do to me, or what I rarely got from others as a kid.

Inosuke came and saw, I smiled waving at him, and he smiled back coming closer knowing what was happening. He patted the blondes back slightly in comfort, he also knew what the man was going thought.

Maybe he didn’t only loose his father, he also lost Iguro and Mitsuri who he grew up with.