Ch. 15 Comfort (?) Ambush

The next day I was at the Butterfly Estate after I sensed a demonic aura there. I entered and saw a woman, the same that was killed by father.

She looked rather calm and passive on the outside, but I could see a rather disturbing aura around her. Not only demonic but also revenge and hatred was mixed in, making a dark black and blue aura covered her from head to toe.

I made my grimace as I entered the room. My eyes met hers and her eyes widened.

“ara~ Kitsuki,” Shinobu called waving from her seat as I saw many blood flask that had a small and calm demonic aura swaying over them, some darker than others. So I knew it was demon blood. “this is Lady Tamayo.”

I frowned, I knew that name from somewhere but I just nodded, “I came to take the meds for Kyojuro so I can aid him today.”

Even if he was doing better he had to still take meds for his eye that was long gone. And most times he preferred me doing it than anyone else due to his attachment towards me. I shrugged it off again and again, but I started to think that he had something else in his head.

I thanked Shinobu after she gave me the small pot filled with a cream that smelled like honey.

I left the room and started to glare at the floor, that woman, is the demon father thought died four-hundred and fifty years ago. Tamayo.

Maybe she knew how to kill him, or at least a way to weaken him.

***

“stop squirming!” I scolded as I passed the cream on his wound that fainted a bit from a few months ago, “huh!?”

I was sitting on Kyojuro’s lap facing him as I slapped his hand off that tried to push my hand off, after all that must've burned on the wound. His kimono was a color of orange with a pair of raven hakama pants and his long hair was in a ponytail.

“it hurts okay!” he whined.

Giyuu was also there since I dragged him over to try and make them friends, both were polar opposites, but could affect one another.

“stop yelling!” I snapped, “if you don’t let me put it or you dare touch it I wont cuddle with you!”

He flinched and stopped letting me put the crème, he flinched a bit when I did it over his wound that was around the sensitive skin of his eyelid where Akaza slammed his fist at that night.

That was from what Tanjiro told me.
Giyuu sat there as the Flame Hashira (now former) talked to him even if he didn’t open up much more than short answers. I knew that the eldest son of Shinjuro found him gloomy but didn’t insult him like Iguro, Shinobu or Sanemi. He just kept a smile and tried to not be rude.

After the meds he laid down and dragged me with him so I slept on his broad chest. Giyuu sat there with a small pout. But I grabbed his wrist letting him sleep on my other side as I pat his head a bit.

I knew both since I started the mission as a slayer. Giyuu since I was his partner thru a few missions and Kyojuro thru Shinjuro as I sometimes helped him take care of the boys whenever he worked.

I smiled as we talked over random things as I slept between them. Senjuro came and he joined, he was adorable. He fell asleep faster than any of us.

***

The kids were playing again as I was in my office with Miku as I told her what I wanted her to do when I was gone for a while. I didn’t tell her where I was going, I just told her to take care of the kids and do what’s on the list.

About the wisteria pouches and the candles. All she needed to do each night that was important, each kid that needed to train, each med all I did each day for the adults and children of the Moon Estate.

When I finished I sat down at my usual spot as the sun went down the horizon as the moon came and shown its beauty. Much to my dislike the color was bloody red, making me groan.

Well it was gonna be rough using a modified form of Moon Breathing. Like that seeing there wasn’t any announcement I grasped my scythe and blade to head inside but suddenly a loud cawing from my crow came.

He looked rather worried and fear filled as she cawed, “CAW! Announce from the Ubuyashiki Estate,” the time has come to end the Demon King’s reign, “the Estate has been ambushed!”

I then turned around the place was close I could get there! I yelled to my head maid to turn on most wisteria candles and to not let anyone out.

I ran out as held my scythe and Nichirin blade as I ran towards Master’s estate I lived close enough, only five minutes. Hold on master! I can’t let you die yet, and I can’t let you give me the position yet!

Like that I got there and slammed the door open seeing Muzan there together with Master and Amane. Amane stood there with her blank face but her eyes were extremely sad.

Muzan turned around with a smirk, “daughter,” he called with a smile, “nice seeing you here.”

When he said that a huge explosion came and I was caught in it. I screamed as the flames ate my haori and skin. My gripped my hair in pain as I stumbled around trying to save Master or Amane, but they were long gone.

Suddenly a loud Biwa struck and I was somewhere in the Fortress, the flames died down and I knew I was a mess. My haori was burned to ashes but my uniform was still intact aside from the ash covered edges.

My hair was burned off and my skin was burned too, but due to that my body naturally shape shifted into my full demon form. My hair changed to a color of deep purple and eyes to a dark plum. The white of my eye had some kind of red near the lower eyelid.

But the blood marks were still there, my ears were exploded and dried blood was dripping from the chin to the wooden floor of that hallway.

My eyes looked around to find out where I was and then I recognized the familiar hallway, I ran down the halls where I remembered playing around in. the tall pillars that decorated the place.

I could remember hearing the laughter of my sister and father when we made Onigiri to give Daki when she was in a mood.

I remembered the halls where were marked with Douma’s blood when Akaza beat him up. The pots Gyokko decorated the dull rooms and hallways.

I slammed the door open seeing him, his three pairs of eyes saw him and he smiled, “I never thought I’d see you in that form again, Kizuki.”