Penelope Montez

Rain pounded on the road, like big cold golf balls. My dress was sticking to my skin, my orange hair whipping around my face as I ran.

"Penelope!" My fiancé screams.

Yes, I was getting married. But it was a forced marriage. My father planned it all by tricking me, he pretended we were going to one of my aunts weddings.

But what my father didn't know, was that I held the curse. The cause all of the Montez family knows about, except my father. I am a shape shifter, I can turn into anything that had paws, like cats, dogs, bears and dragons (yes dragons do have paws, I found that out the hard way).

I take a turn through the city of Sydney. The guy I'm marrying is actually Aussie, I'm half Irish AND half Aussie.

"GOD DAMMIT PENELOPE." Nathan screamed. It was when I hid inside an alley when I shifted into a black and white kitten and hid behind a trash can. I heard his leather formal boots clap on the ground as he ran past. I crawl around the trash can and acted like a stray kitten.

The curse is part of being a shape shifter, I was naturally born one, but the curse is when you shift into an animal. I can’t shift back human until the sun rises (or when the sun goes down), which is in... 7 hours, so now I either have to explore the city and try to stay far away from Nathan and his and I's family... or sleep.

And sleeping sounds pretty good right about now.

I trot up to the front of a hotel door and curled myself into a tiny ball out of the rain and closing my eyes.

'Finally, rest.’

I woke up 10 minutes before dawn, I could see the sun shining behind the mountains. I stretch, my tiny bones cracking, and started my way down towards a park, but that was when I see a group of people jumping out of a van. There was a lot.

8 girls and 6 guys.

5 of the girls we very close to 5 of the guys, obviously they were together. One of the girls and one of the boys looked much younger than the rest, 14 or 15 maybe? 3 of the other girls were standing next to each other laughing happily, but then there was one guy who looked sadder than the rest.

From here, I could sense his sadness and exhaustion. He had short hair, warm brown eyes and a much toned body... What? I can see his arms...

That was when I remembered my curse. I scampered off towards the park and i hid behind a bunch of trees. As close my eyes as I feel the warmth of the sun cover me, Soon, i rose and I shifted back to human form and unlike the other times, i had a strange knot in my stomach.

But besides that, I looked as normal as a girl in a wedding dress behind a bunch of trees could get. Thank the lord I had clothes underneath. I had a white singlet and denim shorts underneath because I refused to take off my clothes when they forced me to put on the dress.