Chapter 21

Alex's POV

"And there's a big backyard good for kids and pets" she said showing us the backyard

"And the Smoke detectors do they work?" My dad asked

"Well Um no" the woman said

"They should" my dad said the poor woman looked scared my dad has been interrogating every one of the Real estate agents we've been to.

"Come on dad we can just get new ones"

"And the Ceiling I noticed a couple of cracks in the kitchen there could be leaks and the plumbing upstairs looks a little outdated as well as the locks the doors-" he said going on but I cut him off. "Dad! Can I talk to you outside please" I said he sighed and we both walked out front leaving Taylor alone with the woman. "Ok dad I love you and you know I do but I brought you with me to help me buy a house so far you've scared off every offer" I said

"Your right I'm sorry it's just that my grandson will be in here he's a 3 year old we need to make sure everything is safe I just want the best for my daughter my soon to be daughter in law and my grandchildren" he said I smiled at the Mention of daughter in law that means he already accepted Grace which I love.

"Ok dad I get it but please tone it down a bit" I said he nodded and we went back inside. By the end of the day we ended up buying a house it's nice and big. It's a 5 bathroom 8 bedroom  four upstairs four down stairs 5 garage 2 living rooms one big backyard a pool a nice big kitchen a Library a game room and more. I know it's a lot and it cost a lot but I want the best for Hayden and Danny  they deserve it.

We went home after buying my house I still had a meeting with the social worker and one with the school Hayden will be attending. I dropped my dad and Taylor off and headed Down to the location The Social gave me. I pulled up outside the building shutting off the car. I took my seatbelt off and leaned back in my seat god I'm so nervous this woman decides rather or rather not I get Hayden and if she ends up on the streets instead of with me I took several deep breaths in and then out I wasn't sure if I should bring Grace or not but I did catch her up on everything she have met Hayden already although Hayden doesn't seem to like Grace very much I'm sure it'll blow over.

I finally got out of the car after a bout a minute or so. I walked up to the big glass doors pulling the handle then walking in . I went up to the Receptionist desk waiting for to get off the phone and notice me which she did after a second.

"Hi how can I help you" The lady asked with a smile on her face

"I uh I'm here to see Miss wilder the social worker" I said she went to type something in on her computer. "Um let's see here Miss Andrews right" she asked briefly looking up at me. "Yeah that's me" I said nervously "Right here you are you'll take the elevator to the second floor and office 305 should be on your left straight down the hall" she instructed  I thanked her before going to the elevator and taking it to the second floor. I waited tapping my feet I stopped at some floor but it wasn't the floor I was looking for so I went to press the button again till I heard a faint voice yell.

"HOLD THAT PLS!!" The lady yelled I quickly put my hand over the slot stopping it from closing. She ran on to the elevator and I let the doors go we Both stood there as the doors shut. "Thanks Up or down" she asked "up" I simply said she smiled and pressed up "looks like we're going to the same place my office is on this floor" she said still watching the elevator doors.

"So you work here" she asked

"Oh um no I'm here for a meeting" I said she nodded

"That's a relief so now it won't be totally inappropriate if I ask you out for drinks" she said I Just stood there a bit shocked. "Oh I um"