Chapter 14

It’s hard. Hard being with him. Its hard sitting there. What kind of hell did I put him through when I arrived? This is what he had to deal with. I hate it already. Ashton is strong. I’m not. I swear to god, if I could hear my Ashton again…

I sigh. He looks at me. We’ve only been sitting here for ten minutes. Is he tired of this already?

“What’re you thinking about?”

“You used to be different, Ash.” I say quietly. “You were… Snarky. Annoying. Too smart for your own good. You were cheeky. You were full of life, especially after I remembered. Now, you’re dull. You’re mean. You used to give people second chances, no matter who they were.”

“I didn’t know you. That’s why I chased you.”

“You would never do that. Not the old you. Not the… the real you.”

“Is that why you treat me like this? You’re so cold with me.”

“You’re not you.” I reply. 

“Well, I don’t think you’re the same, either. Something tells me you’re different, too.” He pauses. “I think you weren’t always like this. Taking my memories away has affected your personality, too.”

“Your memories are telling you that. They’re still there, you just can’t get to them. They’re trapped in a maze inside your head. A maze of doors and corridors. They’re trapped in one room, and they're screaming at you from within your brain. You’re trying to find them, and every once in a while you hear their screams.” He nods. 

“Yes. That’s how it feels.”

“And me, I’m silently screaming at you to find them so I can have my big brother back. For eight years of my life, you protected me and cared for me. Then you left to join the Daekmalenti, without telling me or dad. We thought you were dead. Dad eventually stopped caring for me, and I had to do things myself. Earn my own money, get my own food. Dad just payed the bills and got food for himself, sometimes leaving enough in the fridge for me. He gave up.”

“I remember a dog. How is he?”

“Oh, Marty. He farts a lot. Dad gets him food as well.”

He laughs. “Marty McFly? Wow. Who named him?”

“You.”

“Oh my god. That’s horrible.” He shakes his head, still smiling.

________________________

I think Ashton and Aria are the cutest lil' siblings ever I feel so mean for pulling them apart.

On the other hand, I think I'll enjoy your comments when I re-upload the end chapters.

Oh, yes.

Also, sorry for these super short chapters but to be honest chapter 2 was literally seven thousand one hundred and something words.

Thats a lot, compared to these. I can hardly write a 2000 word chapter, so 7000 was a huge milestone.

Anyway, please vote and comment, I love all of you. (Also, please try and get this book to 1K reads, I know you guys can do it!!)

~Ericano