Chapter 13

New York City is sort of close, so that’s where I go. I wasn’t even planning to go here, but now I’m standing in the busy streets at five in the morning. My stomach rumbles. I want food, but I don’t have any money. I hear someone shout my name. That voice…

I ignore it and continue. Why did he have to follow me? Can’t he just leave me alone? He should know I get angry if I’m not left alone when I want to be.

But he doesn’t know…

I push on. The streets are crowded, even at this hour. I weave my way through the people, hoping to lose him in the sea of commotion. He stops calling out. Good. I managed to get rid of him. Now I need a place to just sit down and reflect. I need a place to calm myself down. I need somewhere to think about it and come to terms with it, and accept what’s happened. I find a place in the park. I climb a sturdy tree, and nearly fall out of it when I look up at a higher branch and see him sitting there, looking down at me with interest.

“You should really stop running away.” He remarks casually.

“Get away from me.” I mutter, getting ready to drop back down onto the ground. What stops me is how quiet he is. I look back up at him. He’s just looking at me. “What?” I ask. He shrugs, still staring at me. His eyes boring into me, studying me. He’s confused. He doesn’t understand how he managed to develop something so hurtful. He gasps.

“Oh! I felt something.”

“It’s supposed to take months.” I wrinkle my nose.

“Maybe you’re right, but don’t tell me I didn’t feel familiar when you met me again.” When I don’t reply, he pats the spot next to him. “Tell me everything. The whole story.”

“No!”

“Why?”

“Because you need to learn manners. You didn’t even hint to me when I met you again. I didn’t even have a clue until I remembered everything. I told you who I was when you forgot, and now you’re asking me for even more, after chasing me when I wanted to be alone? No way.”

“Then just sit here. Being in my presence is enough, isn’t it?” He challenges me. He doesn’t seem the same anymore. He’s not even Ashton like this. Was I so meaningful to him that taking me out of the picture completely changed who he was? A pang of guilt hits me when I remember the way I treated him when I remembered him. The look in his eyes back in the clearing. The sound of his voice when he asked me not to yell at him. I gave him those cold stares that he’s now giving me. He had to cope with it the way I’m trying now. 

I miss my Ashton.

____________________

Very short chapter, I know. Don't worry, more are coming up.

So close to 1K!!! You guys can do it! Please spread the word about this book and get more people to read it! I really want this book to get popular because it's my first book on Wattpad that I actually have plans for!

Thanks for reading!

~Ericano