"Untrustworthy" (Bitty AUxdepressed!reader

Summary: Y/n adopts 3 bitties from a bad background. It just makes things worse for her.

~~~

A Sansy, a Baby Blue, and an Edgy. Those were the 3 bitties you found in an alleyway and adopted.

Taylor, your best friend, warned you to not take them. If you wanted a bitty you should've bought them new. You called Taylor a prick and took them home anyways. And yet you apologized later. Taylor did understand, but still warned you.

"Y/n, 3 abandoned bitties aren't a good sign. Their owners must have been abusive. Abused bitties need special care. Besides, I don't mean this to be rude, but you're in no shape to take care of a bitty unless it's a therapy bitty."

It made you sigh. Taylor was right-you shouldn't be taking care of them. Ever since you were a kid, you've been thrown around like a doll, a slave; you were a pushover. You paid heavily for your kind nature. Even through all of your abuse, you tried your best to be the happiest you could. It was the reason you were seeing a therapist-to hopefully get better.

And it wasn't helping that the bitties you adopted and named were making your life hell.

Indigo, the Sansy, Azure, the Baby Blue, and Crimson, the Edgy.

Indigo was the most quiet, glaring at your from afar and sometimes dumping food and other such on the ground. Azure was almost insane like. He shouted like a maniac at times and would run around. Sometimes he had episodes where he'd go around trying to destroy anything he could. Crimson was probably the worst of the trio, definitely the most violent. He's bite, kick, and scratch at you whenever he could. You could be cooking when he sneaks up on you and tries to rip apart your leg. One time he got your neck. You were in the hospital for a day.

You would tell the tales of you and your violent bitties to Taylor. They would try so hard to encourage you to bring them to an adoption center. Yet every time, you would refuse.

Then of course, there was one other problem with you.

You didn't have long to live after all.

Lung cancer, 4 and a half years. No cure, close to death.

You've had the bitties for a year.

And frankly, it was getting worse. When you first got them you were just coughing blood and losing breaths at times. By now, every movement hurt.

~

She was crying in her room, coughing like there was no tomorrow. "Shouldn't we check on her?" Azure asked, listening to you. "Are you kidding Blue? Remember the last time we checked on our owner crying. Azure rubbed the scar on his neck. Crimson scoffed, rolling his eye lights. "I mean, maybe we should. I know we've all noticed how weird she's been lately." Indigo had a point. It was hard to not notice you were constantly puking blood, your troubled breathes, wheezing, the loss of weight, and of course, how tired you'd grown. All three of them knew that they made you work. Sometimes it would be messy enough for the average person to scream and throw them out. Yet you never did. Shocking.

The crying turned into coughing and puking. All of them winced as you ran out of your room and into the bathroom, leaving a small trail of blood from your mouth. And yet, they still screwed your entire apartment up.

~

Another flower vase was knocked down. Great, you just finished cleaning up your favourite wine glass! Why did they hate you so much?! You fed them, kept their little homes clean, entertained them, you did everything in your power to help them, make them happy! They still hated you, just like your family did. You sighed and picked up a piece of the f/c vase. Taylor gave it to you for your 19th birthday. You held in tears and picked it all up, putting the pieces in the trash. You could rebuild it, but what good would that be? The doctor said you would need to be put in a hospital soon.