A Chill Morning

Harper's dress above!

******* 

I woke up at five in the morning in my bridal suite at the Diamond Platinum Hotel. This was it. Today I was going to become Mrs. Harper Covington. I'd finally have the same last name as all my kids.

I picked up the phone and ordered all kinds of room service. I was starving and there was no way I'd miss out on food that was included with our wedding package. I ordered a ton of pancakes, waffles, sausage, and bacon so there'd be enough for everyone. In addition to Hazel and Etsy getting ready with us, so would Zoe, Ella, and Zozo.

I threw on my special black and white robe and slippers that said "bride." I had ones that said "bridesmaid" for Etsy, Hazel, and Zoe. To have an even number of people walking down the aisle, I promoted Zoe from junior bridesmaid to bridesmaid. She was super excited to wear the same dresses as Etsy and Hazel.

My bridesmaids were going to wear lacy black dresses with a white flower ribbon, while Ella and Zozo were wearing white dresses with a black rose on them. My flower little girls were wearing super cute black dresses with little white ribbon roses on them. I couldn't wait to see all of them.

I went down to the main floor of the suite and made myself a cup of coffee from the Keurig in the kitchen, then sat down to watch TV. I texted Lee to wish him luck. He was feeling really nervous about reading his vows to me in such a big crowd.

When I was a few minutes into the show I was watching. There was a pounding at my door. I walked over and opened it. Etsy was standing there with open arms. She squeezed me so tight, I thought I'd break in half.

"We brought breakfast," Zoe said, holding up a box of donuts.

"Aww Zoe, I ordered room service! You guys didn't have to go pick up food!" I said.

"Did you order donuts? Because the baby wants donuts this morning," Hazel said.

I laughed. "Good point."

We all sat down right before the room service arrived. We talked and stuffed our faces. They asked me a bunch of questions about my honeymoon to Hawaii. I was so ready to park my butt on a beach and do nothing for a week. Weddings are hella stressful when you're the bride.

At nine, our hairdresser and makeup artist Winnie arrived. She started doing Hazel's hair, then Zoe's. At ten, Sophia brought Ella and Zozo. They were so eager to wear their dresses that they already had them on and were twirling around in them like crazy. I loved the black flower petal trim on the bottom of them.

My girls got their hair done next. They'd already had it straightened the day before, so Winnie could curl it easily. When she was done, she pinned the little black and white flower crowns into their hair. All the girls in the wedding party were wearing the same flower crown. Etsy was amazing for making it in different sizes for everyone. She even went around and measured every girl's head so it would fit perfectly. She was on a whole different level for my wedding.

Things got even more chaotic when Jamie and the rest of the crew came in. They wanted to get a few shots of us getting ready. She talked to me while I was getting my hair and makeup done.

"So far, so good?" she asked.

"Yup. Hopefully no meltdowns from the sextuplets when they walk down the aisle," I said. "We practiced and practiced and practiced, but with two-year-olds you can never be sure."

"Okay. That's about it. We're gonna go check on the guys," Jamie said. "I'm so excited for you! See you when you walk down the aisle!"

"Thanks Jamie. See ya!" I said.